Saturday Night: Orioles vs Yankees

SteveA

15 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

This team is not going to contend this year ..the pitching is way worse than I expected..

This team will contend if Bradish, Kremer Wells and GRod continue to grow and pitch well this season.  Gibson and Irvin are back end of rotation types.  Bradish looked very good in spring, Wells looked great in his one appearance.  GRod was promising in his start.   Kremer has had bit issue with home run ball but he looked decent last season so time well tell.  

6 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

The Yankees have a young guy that is top prospect and they can bat him 9th to learn while we have to put Henderson in the 5 spot.    This team has two big holes a middle of the order professional hitter and veteran top of rotation pitcher.  The question will be do they decide to add one of those guys in next 2 years or not to let us compete for titles or do we just hope to battle for a wild card next few years.

Pray that the Angelos sell the team to an owner who will spend whats needed to win. Can you imagine Angelos spending to keep Adley a lifetime Oriole?  I am angry at our owners.

10 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

The Yankees have a young guy that is top prospect and they can bat him 9th to learn while we have to put Henderson in the 5 spot.    This team has two big holes a middle of the order professional hitter and veteran top of rotation pitcher.  The question will be do they decide to add one of those guys in next 2 years or not to let us compete for titles or do we just hope to battle for a wild card next few years.

Lineup order doesn't have much of an effect on runs scored.

I'd rather Gunnar get more at bats.

26 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

This team is not going to contend this year ..the pitching is way worse than I expected..

Giving up four runs to the Yankees is hardly evidence of a non contending team. If we had five runs would you make the same comment?