Cal Ripken wishes they would put Gunnar Henderson at SS and leave him alone.

Gurgi

7 hours ago, backdoorslider said:

Elias is the boss and all decisions ultimately go through him. I'm not even an Elias hater. The organization is fairly healthy right now with his steering the ship. But I still would trade these surplus infielders for some pitching, but that's just me and I ain't getting paid the big bucks. So we will see what happens.

Of course somebody is going to get traded for pitching at some point.  But not only might Elias be waiting to see who is performing and who isn't -- but he might be waiting for the market on available pitchers to develop -- both veteran and prospect pitchers.

1 minute ago, backdoorslider said:

At this point I'd keep Mateo at short and trade Gunnar.

Eh, I know that's sarcasm, but it's like one broadcaster said last year - "If Mateo can hit, they can't afford him". If Jorge is actually this guy, and who knows, some people bloom late, we won't be able to afford him lol.

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Eh, I know that's sarcasm, but it's like one broadcaster said last year - "If Mateo can hit, they can't afford him". If Jorge is actually this guy, and who knows, some people bloom late, we won't be able to afford him lol.

How long do we have control of him for?

7 minutes ago, Malike said:

It was, but it also isn't. There is only 1 SS on the field and only 2 left side infielders on the diamond. It's a logjam. Somebody has to ride the pine if they don't get traded.

Edited by backdoorslider