Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

3 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

I'm really pulling for this guy because he did come over in the Lopez trade, and we really need someone to pan out from that deal.....maybe Povich will at some point (I haven't given up on him), but I'd still like to see Cano add some consistent firepower to our bullpen and make some posters on here feel a little bit better about the trade, given how hot a topic it was about a week or so ago......

Maury Povich is an Oriole?

• Haha 2

Yennier Canó was dealing tonight. Oh, man, was he ever. Unhittable stuff, he had his sinker working as well or better than peak Zach Britton, with great location.

He threw 11 pitches and 9 strikes. He was giving me visions of Mariano Rivera out there on the mound. Working fast, efficient, devastating pitches.

WHY IN THE WORLD you would pull someone like that, after 11 measly pitches, on a night when your closer isn't available, and put in someone who should've been cut from the team last week like Logan Gillaspie, is completely beyond me.

We'd be celebrating a win tonight if Hyde didn't resurrect the ghost of Robo-Buck by pulling him. This loss is on Hyde. I really wish we'd had a chance to see what Canó could have done in the 10th tonight.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Yennier Canó was dealing tonight. Oh, man, was he ever. Unhittable stuff, he had his sinker working as well or better than peak Zach Britton, with great location.

He threw 11 pitches and 9 strikes. He was giving me visions of Mariano Rivera out there on the mound. Working fast, efficient, devastating pitches.

WHY IN THE WORLD you would pull someone like that, after 11 measly pitches, on a night when your closer isn't available, and put in someone who should've been cut from the team last week like Logan Gillaspie, is completely beyond me.

We'd be celebrating a win tonight if Hyde didn't resurrect the ghost of Robo-Buck by pulling him. This loss is on Hyde. I really wish we'd had a chance to see what Canó could have done in the 10th tonight.

Who knows what happens if Cano pitches the 10th but you’re 100% right.

12 hours ago, Sanity Check said:

I'm really pulling for this guy because he did come over in the Lopez trade, and we really need someone to pan out from that deal.....maybe Povich will at some point (I haven't given up on him), but I'd still like to see Cano add some consistent firepower to our bullpen and make some posters on here feel a little bit better about the trade, given how hot a topic it was about a week or so ago......

Why would you have given up on Povich?  If you had, I think you would need a sanity check :)

• Haha 1

My first two thoughts on this guy were:

1. where the heck did this guy come from, I thought I knew the Os system fairly well.(have since learned he was a Lopez trade pick up)

and

2. how the heck does he make the baseball move like that.  

Very very curious how his season unfolds. 

Another excellent outing from Cano tonight, retiring the Nats on 9 pitches.  Interesting that Hyde went to him in the 8th inning of a 1-0 game, when the entire bullpen had the day off yesterday.  That speaks volumes.   

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Another excellent outing from Cano tonight, retiring the Nats on 9 pitches.  Interesting that Hyde went to him in the 8th inning of a 1-0 game, when the entire bullpen had the day off yesterday.  That speaks volumes.   

Yeah I was expecting Baker to get the 8th as he has been solid last few outings.  

• Upvote 1