Yennier Canó 2023

OsFanSinceThe80s

56 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Im kind of shocked the Twins included him as kind of a throw-in in the Lopez trade. He's the biggest piece right now. 

Is this the filthiest changeup ever?

At 90 with that movement? If it ain't, it will do until the filthiest gets here.......

Edited by Ridgway22
fat finger typing.

10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

That one looked like a knuckle ball.  No spin.

On this little screen in the forum, it looked exactly like a whiffle ball in the back yard. Moved sideways. Mr. Elias, please keep making trades and getting these kinds of throw-ins. (Even if the traded player has a 99mph sinker)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ridgway22 said:

On this little screen in the forum, it looked exactly like a whiffle ball in the back yard. Moved sideways. Mr. Elias, please keep making trades and getting these kinds of throw-ins. (Even if the traded player has a 99mph sinker)

How does anyone know if Cano was a "throw-in" vs. someone else we scouted and wanted in order to make the trade.  No one in the front office comes out and labels guys "throw ins."  Why do we assume this guy was a throw in, like he was a guy that Minnesota just wanted to be rid of??  Honest question.....

50 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

The movement in his pitches is really something to watch. 

Wonder if he came to the organization with this stuff or if they have added things or improved things?

The Oriole's track record with developing pitchers tells me he came here with this stuff. 

Now - to be fair - I did hear, I think in his interview last night,  that he had two arm angles - one for right hand batters and one for lefties - and the Orioles have moved him to one arm angle that has allowed him to get consistency with his pitched and his control.   So, apparently we did tweak him to an extent.

Let's hope this is another diamond in the rough that we found, and that his success continues.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

The Oriole's track record with developing pitchers tells me he came here with this stuff. 

Is that supposed to be a dig at the organization? I'd say their track record at least the last couple years has been pretty good. Last year they turned around Perez, Jorge Lopez, Akin, Voth, Kremer, and Bradish. Baumann is another this year. Tate and Wells have progressed steadily. That being said, Cano's minor league stats suggest he already had some level of stuff prior to coming here.  

• Upvote 1