Sunday, April 23: Orioles try to sweep Tigers out of Baltimore

SteveA

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, emmett16 said:

McKenna could not have possibly played that worsens. He is complete garbage.  It is infuriating that he is still on this team.  He has no place in this organization anywhere

Mateo needs to swipe a couple bags here. 

whoops didn’t mean to quote 

Edited by ArtVanDelay

1 minute ago, oriolediehard said:

Hyde couldn't pinch hit for McCann?

Yeah, I might have gone with Santander there.

Hinch followed Ed Rod with another lefty, I'm sure we would have had Vavra or O'Hearn if he had brought in a righty.

Just now, Yardball85 said:

So are you saying if the Orioles were winning 4-1, you would not use Bautista today for the ninth? 

It is more important for him to pitch with runners on in my opinion to "save" the game than to get a statistical save in a three run game. 

I was advocating as far back as when Jim Johnson was the closer to only use the "designated closer" in save situations of 1-2 runs.  Would limit their saves and lower their arbitration price.  Any guy in the bullpen should be able to nail down a 3 run save.

7 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

McKenna didn't play it well, but the throw was decent enough and it was in time to get the runner. Adley moved out of position to make the play at the plate.

Because he didn’t play it well he had to rush, didn’t get a good grip, and his throw tailed. 

• Upvote 1