Sunday, April 23: Orioles try to sweep Tigers out of Baltimore

SteveA

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

I wonder if that average sprint speed is typically measured from 1B to 2B though. If that's the case and Mateo is maintaining that for 3X the distance, it's certainly elite.

Not sure how it’s measured to be honest. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

Not sure how it’s measured to be honest. 

Doesn't make sense to me that Mateo would be at league-average speed even on one leg. Has to be that the metric is heavily skewed by data from guys running home to first/first to second (and no further), and Mateo kept up that pace for triple the distance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I’d go even farther. I’m not trading any of top 4 prospects including Kjerstad. I would not trade Cowser as well. We still have a large amount of depth in the system. A trade example would be Stowers, Norby, Liranzo, Forret, Elvin Garcia. That is plenty to get a number 2/3 starter. 
    • Ugh I hope not. Please move on from players that were brought in originally to tank     unless you do this to replace Mcdermott at AAA
    • Here’s another list from “the other guys”. It doesn’t appear Holliday is eligible here, just an FYI: Os have 4 on this list including Estrada and Etzel.
    • I don’t.  He passed rookie eligibility two years ago.   
    • I think Fangraphs decides who’s eligible as of the start of the season.  Unlike other publications that release all their team lists at the same time, Fangraphs slow rolls theirs over a 6 month period or so.   Therefore, to put all the teams on the same footing, they base eligibility as of the start of the season.   
    • Clearly he has a roster spot for a playoff series with the Yankees….
    • My stance would be pretty simple. Im not trading any of the top 3 prospects and im not trading any of the young talent that is controlled long term that is currently on the ML roster. That means besides the very obvious guys that players like Cowser and Kjerstad are also off the board. Now, if a player like Skubal becomes available, that could cause me to change my mind but as I look around at the reported available players, I don’t see anyone worth a top 20 prospect or young contributing ML talent. Guys like Norby and Stowers fall into that latter category but they aren’t here right now and they are just redundant on our roster. So I’m telling teams if you want to deal with us, guys like Norby, Stowers and Beavers are who will lead deals and that several vets, led by Mountcastle, are also on the board in any potential contender/contender(fringe contender) type deal. I think whether it’s Fedde or relievers like Estevez or Nardi or Garcia or even Scott, I think we have enough to get deals done without trading any of the guys we would rather not lose. This is all to say that I just don’t see that proven elite high end talent available this deadline to justify trading any of those top guys.
  • Popular Contributors