Sat Apr 29: Game 2 of split doubleheader, 5:10 pm

SteveA

25 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I still dont  get the MCkENNA love...

He starts most games vs lefties, and NEVER starts vs righties.

The problem is, due to a scheduling oddity, this is the 13th time we have faced a lefty pitcher in 27 games.   That is beyond fluky, we lead the majors in # of games vs lefties.  Half the teams have faced lefties 7 times or less.   St Louis has just faced 4!   If we had St Louis's schedule we would barely have seen McKenna all year.

Anyway, as near as I can tell, we face a righty tomorrow, KC's rotation is all righthanded, Atlanta has 4/5 righties and I think we are missing Fried.   So our next 7 games are all vs RH starters.   And then we play TB, who has 1 lefty in the rotation, so even if do see McClanahan, that's 9 of our next 10 games will be vs righthanded starters.

So for the next 10 days we won't have to see people reacting with surprise in the lineup thread or the game thread every time McKenna is in the lineup vs a lefty, as if it is some kind of unexpected event.   Thank goodness!

And FWIW, the lineups can't be too bad.  We are 8-4 vs LH starters so far (and up early today) and 9-5 vs RH starters.

Edited by SteveA
  • Thanks 1