Wednesday May 3, at Kansas City

FlaO'sFan

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

from the first pitch tonight, The Orioles are in such a hurry they seemed to want to make a train or plane...I hate this approach...and we will pay with it with a loss...

I wasn't able to watch until about the 6th inning, was following on Gameday.   Were we swinging at balls?   Or was Greinke throwing strikes?   There's not a lot of sense in taking pitches if you are going to be down 0-1 or 0-2.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Santander is at .093.  But yeah, that seems really extraordinary.  I assume it won’t come close to holding up over a full season.  Last year, among our players with 100 PA in losses, nobody hit worse than .170 (Mullins).  Gunnar was at .179.   
    • It would be disappointing if Westburg didn’t outperform Hardy offensively. So far he’s doing just that and then some. 
    • He reminds me more of Ryan Sandburg in terms of the style/type of player that he is. When you say “we didn’t get to see Hardy early in his career” are you saying that because he wasn’t an Oriole? Because they still televised the games that he played in for Milwaukee. When I compared Hardy and Westburg I see completely different offensive players. I don’t really see many similarities at all in terms approach at the plate.
    • Update for last week. In the Ironbirds' last six games, Holliday hit    .348 / .500 / .478 Overall he is hitting .264 / .435 / .396    since being demoted towards the end of April.   More walks than K's.
    • Sorry, folks were comparing him to Hardy as soon as he came up last year. I prefer the Grich comp but I'm fine with him just being Jordan Westburg. Among other things, I like that 3 of his 6 homers have been to right field. 
    • Somewhat perversely - I would argue the higher and more consistent attendance so far this year may hold down attendance at traditional high attendance games.     For example if I’m a fan who traditionally went to 1 -2 games per year I’m prob going to pick Mother’s Day or some big giveaway.     That same fan may have already gone to 2 games this year so they say - eh we’ve already been to a couple.  We have tickets for a few more - no urgency to go TODAY. 
    • I don’t think anyone is technically untouchable. If the Braves offered us Acuna for Mayo you would have to make that deal. The MLB channel is just trying to fill time slots and keep non competitive teams fans interested. We all know there is no way Mike Elias is trading Mayo for a Reliever. He’s acquired half our bullpen off the waiver wire or trade throw in like Cano.    Another thought Is Charlie Condon will more than likely be the number 1 overall pick. I would take Mayo over him. Mayo has similar proven power and a better athlete. 
  • Popular Contributors