Tuesday, May 9 vs Tampa Bay Rays

SteveA

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I don't think Elias us going anywhere, but I'm starting to lean towards that Elias is not the guy to get this team to a World Series after his last offseason. I'll give him one more year and offseason, but if he remains risk adverse, he's not the guy to take the team to next level. 

A real CEO/owner would be looking at the Rays and Braves for assistants. For now, I'm going to hope that something happened last offseason that threw Elias for a loop (lack of budget, market spiraled on him, etc) and that he'll be better prepared this offseason. 

I'd be shocked if Elias lost his job while the Angeloses are in charge. I said, or meant to say, that Elias's ability to take the team forward probably should be evaluated after the season, not that it will be. 

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I'd be shocked if Elias lost his job while the Angeloses are in charge. I said, or meant to say, that Elias's ability to take the team forward probably should be evaluated after the season, not that it will be. 

I agree on both. Since Elias and Hyde have some kind of secret contracts, we really don't know. 

4 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

He did what with the Astros? Make big trades? Draft pitchers in the earliest rounds? Is there way to know what he did as opposed to Luhnow?

You asked.

Has Elias ever contributed to decisions on drafting pitchers early

I'd be pretty shocked if Elias hadn't "contributed" to the Aiken and Appel picks.

He was the scouting director.