Tuesday, May 9 vs Tampa Bay Rays

SteveA

I've had a pretty long leash for Gunnar, especially because of his age, but also the walks.

I'm rapidly cooling on the Stowers playing time though. O's have Cowser at triple-A, and Westburg and Norby have both gotten OF time as well

1 minute ago, Malike said:

Bunch of quitters, this team.

You're being dumb.

Nobody said they were quitters and weren't trying. They needed to get mad. Mad at themselves for sucking. They need to expect to win. They need to do something like they did this inning. Come out and hit a few balls hard.

Put some damn runs on the board and get ahead. now Rodriguez needs to come out and shut them down. 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

I've had a pretty long leash for Gunnar, especially because of his age, but also the walks.

I'm rapidly cooling on the Stowers playing time though. O's have Cowser at triple-A, and Westburg and Norby have both gotten OF time as well

Stowers is not seeing the ball AT ALL. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Elfin is a last name?

I'm agnostic on First Last, its really about the 6-7 characters that uniquely identify.

You know who is confounding?   Tyler Wells.     Neither Tyler nor Wells really do it.     I think we should just start referring to him as 68.

Just now, Just Regular said:

I'm agnostic on First Last, its really about the 6-7 characters that uniquely identify.

You know who is confounding?   Tyler Wells.     Neither Tyler nor Wells really do it.     I think we should just start referring to him as 68.

I go with what is easier to spell if it's clear whom I'm referring to.

Just in that instance it was an easy quip to make.

Only thing better than low hanging fruit is fruit that has already fallen onto the ground.

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Weird how all these good pitchers are drafted in the low rounds by teams. But don't worry, we'll trade for the Cole Irvin's of the world. 

I really do Elias decision to not draft pitchers high is going to cost the organization because he has shown no ability to target high level pitching nor use his prospect depth to do so.

I feel like a broken record -- does anyone know what that is anymore? -- but to me it's a matter of Elias' (and maybe John Angelos's) risk aversion. Has Elias ever contributed to decisions on drafting pitchers early or on decisions to trade meaningful talent to fill in gaps in a team's home-grown talent?

You can't be blamed for wasting a high draft pick on a pitcher who gets injured or can't hack it in the majors if you don't use your draft picks that way.  You can't be blamed for making a bad trade if you don't trade anything meaningful.

If this team had an owner or  CEO who knew anything about baseball, I think there would be a serious question after this season whether to move on from Elias (assuming his inaction isn't at ownership's direction). He did a fine job in the initial stages of the rebuild, but I see no evidence that he knows how to go forward from there. I hope i'm wrong.

• Confused 1