Elias Mid-Game Interview 5/17

RVAOsFan

I feel like they have sufficient talent to trade that the starter they would look to pick up would not be a fall rental, maybe someone with a few years to free agency, appropriate for the apparent "window" of the team.  The window could be pretty wide given how young the organization is.  I feel like the chance they make a splash is actually pretty high.

15 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

It's hard to remember the last time I was this excited about the organization as a whole.

I don’t think I ever have been to be honest. I mean, we have had better ML teams but as a whole, it’s tough to top what’s going on now and Holliday has become the icing on the cake.

• Upvote 1

With regards to Jordan Westburg, I took his comments to suggest that they want to give Jordan more time playing the Outfield in AAA to become comfortable as a total diamond utility man (except for CF, P, and C) before they call him up. Not in so many words, but that's how I interpreted it.

With Colton Cowser, they didn't talk about him, but I think he might be in AAA some time longer just because of the wealth of talent in the organization who is older than him.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

With regards to Jordan Westburg, I took his comments to suggest that they want to give Jordan more time playing the Outfield in AAA to become comfortable as a total diamond utility man (except for CF, P, and C) before they call him up. Not in so many words, but that's how I interpreted it.

With Colton Cowser, they didn't talk about him, but I think he might be in AAA some time longer just because of the wealth of talent in the organization who is older than him.

Cowser didn’t play tonight. I saw a Twitter rumor that he is coming up tomorrow. Zero idea if it’s credible and maybe tonight is just a night off but they are starting Vavra in RF, which is terrible, so I think it’s possible.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Cowser didn’t play tonight. I saw a Twitter rumor that he is coming up tomorrow. Zero idea if it’s credible and maybe tonight is just a night off but they are starting Vavra in RF, which is terrible, so I think it’s possible.

Orioles are facing a Left Handed Pitcher tomorrow, so I don't think it's going to happen. It wouldn't be in line with everything else they've done based on the handedness of the opponent's starting pitcher.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

Orioles are facing a Left Handed Pitcher tomorrow, so I don't think it's going to happen. It wouldn't be in line with everything else they've done based on the handedness of the opponent's starting pitcher.

I think they're more likely to start Ryan McKenna in RF if not Anthony Santander.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t think I ever have been to be honest. I mean, we have had better ML teams but as a whole, it’s tough to top what’s going on now and Holliday has become the icing on the cake.

It's too early to tell, but Jackson Holliday is looking like he could be a generational talent as a player and not just a mere all star. Adley is looking like a generational talent with his gold glove level defense and game calling combined with him being an .800+ OPS hitter.

The future has never looked so bright in my lifetime as an Orioles fan.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's too early to tell, but Jackson Holliday is looking like he could be a generational talent as a player and not just a mere all star. Adley is looking like a generational talent with his gold glove level defense and game calling combined with him being an .800+ OPS hitter.

The future has never looked so bright in my lifetime as an Orioles fan.

I'm still a major believer in Gunnar. I love his plate discipline, which he's always displayed even when he's struggled batting average wise. 

If/when Gunnar gets hot, which I think he will, he'll help carry the offense.

When we have Adley, Gunnar, Cowser, and Westburg in the lineup later this season, we'll really be in business in terms of getting on base and having a great offense.

31 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I’d be surprised if they brought Cowser up right before Toronto, Yankees road trip.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I thought the Westburg comments suggested he’s got a good shot to be called up soon.  Elias didn’t say that at all, but the tone made me think that. 

I believe he used the words "when he's up". Definitely made it sound like a near-term thing.