You can't clip these wings - City Connect jerseys

Snutchy

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is stupid.

"You can't see what you're not looking for."  So let's remind everyone that Baltimore has a drab reputation by creating a drab uniform with some vibrant colors underneath that no one's really going to see.  

Yeah that’s a real artsy fartsy way of deflecting from it being all black. Maybe they’ll pull a Fresh Prince and wear them inside or so you can see all the colors😎

Edited by ledzepp8
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alasdaire said:

The cool parts about the Orioles' branding is the orange and the cartoon bird variations. These uniforms have neither...

The cartoon bird was the very image that made me love the Orioles. It reminded me of Wood Woodpecker. I refuse to embrace the O'S on the hat...it looks lame to me...give me cartoon bird or nothing..this Nike stuff is a pathetic joke..now it's cool to look stupid .

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

The cartoon bird was the very image that made me love the Orioles. It reminded me of Wood Woodpecker. I refuse to embrace the O'S on the hat...it looks lame to me...give me cartoon bird or nothing..this Nike stuff is a pathetic joke..now it's cool to look stupid .

Fantastic decision by the organization to go back to the cartoon bird. Plenty of fanbases call for the return of their retro logos, but the O's are one of the few to actually listen.

I'll take the "O's" over the "B" that is on this new hat. Maybe some people like the city being represented, but it just screams second-fiddle to me when pink hat nation has long had a monopoly on that letter.

Confirmed: AS Roma Bring Back 'SPQR' on Kits - Footy Headlines

This is how you represent your city. AS Roma with the ancient Roman colors of red/yellow, she-wolf mythological symbol, and motto "Senatus PopulusQue Romanu/The Roman Senate and People."

But then again, I guess our jerseys are cool because the blotchy letters show Baltimore's "grit" and you can roll their sleeves up to show that Baltimore isn't as boring as other people think it is. Thanks, Nike.

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, Moose Milligan said:

You're not THAT old.

This is just tired marketing BS. The newest and blandest way for MLB to examine its butthole in the mirror for the umpteenth time.

I’m sure they have some egghead McKinsey consultants going “HEY WHAT IF WE CONNECT OUR TEAMS TO OUR CITIES WITH STUPID JERSEYS THAT EVERYONE WILL FORGET IN 6 WEEKS?!?!!! Nike, that will be $3.5 million, thank you.”

Edited by Hank Scorpio

2 hours ago, Alasdaire said:

Fantastic decision by the organization to go back to the cartoon bird. Plenty of fanbases call for the return of their retro logos, but the O's are one of the few to actually listen.

I'll take the "O's" over the "B" that is on this new hat. Maybe some people like the city being represented, but it just screams second-fiddle to me when pink hat nation has long had a monopoly on that letter.

Plowing some old ground here, but doesn't it bother you that the apostrophe on the "O's" cap is upside down? I like the all-black cap from 1963, with the block Orange B, much more:

http://www.baseballmilquetoast.com/2017/11/1963-baltimore-orioles-hat-fresh-fitted.html