Tuesday June 6: Orioles at Milwaukee

FlaO'sFan

6 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I think this is the real Mateo.   He basically sucks but once in he gets red hot for a month.  We have to start cutting back on his playing time. 

He’s definitely pressing, which kills his already bad approach.

I think the real Mateo makes a bit more contact and drives it hard when he does. Probably a slash line like we saw last year.

1 minute ago, Ripken said:

Lots of issues arising.  Elias needs to improve this roster.

Cant risk starting service times on these guys.   Might as well fill up AAA and keep them down as long as possible even when your starters are awful.   See that is genius long term thinking.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Memo to Palmer (and the rest of the world): He's not a ghost runner.

Pet peeve of mine...when we were kids and playing HR Derby or a pick up game with 6 guys, we had "ghost runners" on the bases...they were imaginary runners.

A a]n actual living breathing guy put on base by rule should be called an automatic runner, IMO.

Just now, slakattack said:

Pet peeve of mine...when we were kids and playing HR Derby or a pick up game with 6 guys, we had "ghost runners" on the bases...they were imaginary runners.

A a]n actual living breathing guy put on base by rule should be called an automatic runner, IMO.

We called the ghost runner the imaginary man. Same thing -- there's no one there but we'll play as if there is.