O’s All Stars

DEOriolesfan

With all-star voting season upon us, I figured why not start this conversation. The last time the O’s had multiple all stars was back in 2016 when they had 5. 

Bautista, Cano, and Rutschman seem like near locks. 

Hays has good numbers but the AL OF is pretty loaded. 

Mullins would have had a great shot if he had not gotten hurt. 

As of today, who do you are the O’s representatives?

Adley isn’t a lock. His stats are heading south. He needs to  get going.

The 2 BP guys are easily in as long as they don’t blow up over the next month.

Maybe Hays has a chance if he continues hitting well and stays healthy?

Mullins probably misses out because of the injury.

39 minutes ago, oriole said:

Bautista is a safe bet. Possibly Cano. But would it be terrible of me to hope neither get in? They’re being used a whole lot and could use a break. 

I hope the O's trade for another lockdown reliever to take some workload off of those guys.

How about Tyler Wells, league leader in WHIP last I checked, best SP on one of the leagues best teams?

Could Mullins get voted in and then pull out?

With Adley, Felix, and Cano that would be five. I'd be surprised if we don't get at least four, and I think Hays has a good case for us to get as many as six.

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Adley isn’t a lock. His stats are heading south. He needs to  get going.

The 2 BP guys are easily in as long as they don’t blow up over the next month.

Maybe Hays has a chance if he continues hitting well and stays healthy?

Mullins probably misses out because of the injury.

Adley absolutely is a lock, both on merit and because he’s the constant center of all O’s-related media hype.  And while he’s had a mediocre first 9 days of June, that’s not much of a basis to say his stats are heading south.   He hasn’t gone two games in a row without a hit since May 8, and he hasn’t gone two games in a row without getting on base all year.  

I think Bautista and Cano are probably locks, but with the ASG a month away, a lot can change with relievers.   Cano has been far from unhittable the last few weeks, so we’ll see where he is a month from now.   Bautista is probably closer to being a lock, with his insane K/9 and the save stat that always seems to impress the people who make the selections.  

I think Mullins and Hays are probably out. 

• Upvote 1

Just voted.  Do the people that make up the ballot even look who has actually been playing the position?  Gunnar is on the ballot at DH and Urias is on the ballot at 3B.  Gunnar has played a handful of games at DH but been a fixture at 3B w/ a few games at SS.  Urias has been all over.

Phase one ends on June 22nd then phase 2 takes the top 2 vote getter and is a head to head matchup which is 1 week long and ends June 29th.   So we really are not a month away more like 2 or three weeks at least for the starters.  

34 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Just voted.  Do the people that make up the ballot even look who has actually been playing the position?  Gunnar is on the ballot at DH and Urias is on the ballot at 3B.  Gunnar has played a handful of games at DH but been a fixture at 3B w/ a few games at SS.  Urias has been all over.

I just voted as well. I don't see how Adley doesn't get in. Only other candidate is Heim and I don't see him beating Adley in the popularity contest.

They have Mateo at SS. Then flip a coin between Gunnar and Urias for 3B I guess, DH it is.

I could not pull the trigger for Hays. I went Judge Trout Mullins in OF. Arozarena should beat beat Mullins. Hays should be behind Yoshida as well.