O’s All Stars

DEOriolesfan

44 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Just voted.  Do the people that make up the ballot even look who has actually been playing the position?  Gunnar is on the ballot at DH and Urias is on the ballot at 3B.  Gunnar has played a handful of games at DH but been a fixture at 3B w/ a few games at SS.  Urias has been all over.

Yeah, I just voted and was shocked at Gunnar at DH

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Adley absolutely is a lock, both on merit and because he’s the constant center of all O’s-related media hype.  And while he’s had a mediocre first 9 days of June, that’s not much of a basis to say his stats are heading south.   He hasn’t gone two games in a row without a hit since May 8, and he hasn’t gone two games in a row without getting on base all year.  

I think Bautista and Cano are probably locks, but with the ASG a month away, a lot can change with relievers.   Cano has been far from unhittable the last few weeks, so we’ll see where he is a month from now.   Bautista is probably closer to being a lock, with his insane K/9 and the save stat that always seems to impress the people who make the selections.  

I think Mullins and Hays are probably out. 

I don’t think Adley is a lock because I don’t think he gets the start. If you don’t get the start, you become subjected to the nunbers game of every team gets a player and unless your numbers are far and above everyone else, it makes things iffy.

He should be a lock in terms of his production but that doesn’t always matter for the AS game.

15 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I don’t think Adley is a lock because I don’t think he gets the start. If you don’t get the start, you become subjected to the nunbers game of every team gets a player and unless your numbers are far and above everyone else, it makes things iffy.

He should be a lock in terms of his production but that doesn’t always matter for the AS game.

Who gets the start? Salvy? Does KC have enough fans to vote him in? 

I think Adley has as much name recognition as anyone these days. 

17 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

There's a small chance that comes into play here as Sal Perez may be the Royals' only All Star. That said I think he's a near-lock for both the performance and media hype reasons Frobby mentioned. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him voted in to start. Adley is a big enough name that a lot of non-O's fans are likely to vote for him because they've heard good things about him and their own teams' catcher stinks. 

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I just voted as well. I don't see how Adley doesn't get in. Only other candidate is Heim and I don't see him beating Adley in the popularity contest.

They have Mateo at SS. Then flip a coin between Gunnar and Urias for 3B I guess, DH it is.

I could not pull the trigger for Hays. I went Judge Trout Mullins in OF. Arozarena should beat beat Mullins. Hays should be behind Yoshida as well.

Salvador Perez is also having a very good year as AL catchers go.  He's more than just a sentimental favorite, hitting 12 HRs with a .794 OPS right now.  Still, I agree, it's hard to imagine Adley not getting in whether as the top vote getter at catcher or a back up.

48 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Who gets the start? Salvy? Does KC have enough fans to vote him in? 

I think Adley has as much name recognition as anyone these days. 

We will see what happens this year but Toronto fans stuffed the ballot box last year.  Iirc, they had 4 or 5 starters including guys who had no business being in the game.

If that happens again, Kirk could be the starter.

46 minutes ago, seak05 said:

You’ll almost certainly have 3-4 catchers. Adley is a lock. Bautista is almost certainly a lock as well. Think Mullins would have made it if he hadn’t been hurt, but that might open up a spot for Hays. 

Looks like the majority of the time they have two C. I guess lock might be an overstatement but I would be surprised if Adley doesn't make it. Star player on a successful team.

The entire Orioles outfield (Hays/Santander/Mullins) plus Cano and Bautista deserves All Star consideration. But with that said, I subscribe to the thinking that C_o_C has mentioned which is that it would be better to let our pitchers rest during the All Star break rather than give them unnecessary usage. Especially considering how much those pitchers have been used.

Just now, Billy F-Face3 said:

The entire Orioles outfield (Hays/Santander/Mullins) plus Cano and Bautista deserves All Star consideration. But with that said, I subscribe to the thinking that C_o_C has mentioned which is that it would be better to let our pitchers rest during the All Star break rather than give them unnecessary usage. Especially considering how much those pitchers have been used.

I think it goes without saying that Adley Rustschman also gets All Star consideration.

2 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I think it goes without saying that Adley Rustschman also gets All Star consideration.

Adley leads all AL catchers among qualified batters in OPS this season. It would be surprising if Adley didn’t make the all star game even though it seems he could be better offensively. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It would be surprising if Adley didn’t make the all star game even though it seems he could be better deffensively. 

I fixed it to what I think. Offensively he seems OK to me. Just wish he was better at throwing runners out at 2nd Base.