Friday June 16: an afternoon at Wrigley Field

SteveA

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

Why is Adley still in the game? Hyde doesn't want to overwork McCann? 

I dont know I would of pulled the real talent off the field a couple innings ago.  And Adley would of been first out. 

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Pitching is a need for this team. There really is no proven stopper in the starting rotation. Wells and Gibson have both been good, but they aren't a TOR starter. Maybe Wells can be that guy, but he needs to prove it over the long term.

And the bullpen needs a reliever (can be trade or someone like DL Hall) that can be trusted in the last three innings outside of Cano/Bautista.

I pretty much trust Baker too, but 3 reliable pitchers in the bullpen is not enough.  I'm sure most of us expected Givens/Tate to be back by now and effective, but that looks less and less likely.  Perez is just a low leverage guy.  Really need 2 more guys who can be trusted.  I would rather have 2 more  very good guys than 1 great guy.  Need to start trying out guys from the minors. 

• Upvote 1

This pitching effort today was just not acceptable.. some changes need to happen .. DFA Perez, put Irvin in pen or DFA and bring GRod  back and send Garrett back to whatever AAAA place he came from .. this is the non contribution of Tate and Givens finally come to roost.. and short of a deal we are screwed 

Edited by tntoriole

13 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Why is Adley still in the game? Hyde doesn't want to overwork McCann? 

gotta keep McCann fresh, why is McKenna just not in the game also(pitching) sadly Akin is a top 5 BP option at this point and shouldn't be being used in scraps 

5 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Palmer doesnt want to go out for deep dish?   Maybe he has a "date"  Palmer does love the ladies.

My experience was the opposite.  Had a girl whose friend offered herself to him and he turned her down cited his marriage.  Her friend was gorgeous, my experience is most guys are as faithful as their options-was impressed he said no and took the time to explain.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gurgi said:

You know what is the Orioles real problem?  No true middle of the order mega bat.  Like a Murray or Frank Robinson.  We need a guy who can put up 115 rbi.  Hit 40 doubles and 25 hrs.   Instead we have Santander who is decent just not a real threat. 

If only we had a guy in the minors who was an RBI machine who plays the same position as a player who was signed as a placeholder (Frazier). 

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I pretty much trust Baker too, but 3 reliable pitchers in the bullpen is not enough.  I'm sure most of us expected Givens/Tate to be back by now and effective, but that looks less and less likely.  Perez is just a low leverage guy.  Really need 2 more guys who can be trusted.  I would rather have 2 more  very good guys than 1 great guy.  Need to start trying out guys from the minors. 

Yeah Baker is decent, but the bullpen needs at least one more guy to be formidable in October. I was hoping Givens would step up, but he can’t be trusted and he doesn’t look the same with that added weight.

Maybe Tate can step up to be a sixth/seventh inning reliever. 

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If only we had a guy in the minors who was an RBI machine who plays the same position as a player who was signed as a placeholder (Frazier). 

Yeah no argument here.  I still dont know why we cant bring up Westburg and Cowser.  Both should be getting time to break themselves in and shake off the rookie jitters.  Getting them ready for October.  But Elias has different plans.  He is the genius I know that but I want to see the kids.  Not the OHearn, Frazier, Hicks types.