Don Hood passed away

oriolediehard

I had his baseball card a lot.   I didn't start watching baseball until '75, so I missed Hood as an Oriole.   I didn't realize he played as long as he did.  Good for him.   I see he was part of the trade sending Boog to Cleveland for Dave Duncan.  I do remember Duncan.   In '76 there was an exhibition game held mid-season between the O's and their AAA team from Rochester.   Such a crazy thing would never be held now.   Duncan got hit on the hand by a pitch and he let everyone in the ballpark know he didn't like it.   He used language my parents did not approve. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2023 at 10:57 PM, SouthRider said:

I had his baseball card a lot.   I didn't start watching baseball until '75, so I missed Hood as an Oriole.   I didn't realize he played as long as he did.  Good for him.   I see he was part of the trade sending Boog to Cleveland for Dave Duncan.  I do remember Duncan.   In '76 there was an exhibition game held mid-season between the O's and their AAA team from Rochester.   Such a crazy thing would never be held now.   Duncan got hit on the hand by a pitch and he let everyone in the ballpark know he didn't like it.   He used language my parents did not approve. 

Those were the days... I got my Brooks autograph at the mid-season game. He stood out there for as long as it took to sign all requests.  It was earlier (early 70's).  Somewhere in a box I have a lot of Red WIngs stuff... I think.

p.s. edit - I do remember Don Hood. it was the same timeframe

Edited by Osornot