Hall going to Sarasota

Going Underground

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Hall has never thrown 100 innings or more in any season. Many injuries have attributed to this 

And an organization that doesn't know how to develop pitchers. Otherwise, he'd be a mainstay in the bullpen helping the team.

On 6/18/2023 at 6:46 PM, Ohfan67 said:

I just want to say that the lack of recognition for this amazing joke has really hurt my feelings. And on the ultimate dad joke day too. 🤣

I felt the same way when I said it's amazing what not thinking about sex can do for you re: Costanza in the traveling press secretary thread 😭

I feel your pain.

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Is Kremer a #3 starter.   Most fans would say no.    But how far from a #3 is he?    He has a 1.09 WHIP.  His average against is .197.   He is averaging a strike out an inning.   He has probably 3 or 4  starts before the deadline.   If he pitches like a #3 in those starts could he assume that role? Many are watching to see if Elias will pull the trigger on acquiring a #3 starter.   Giving up one  or more of the O's best prospects.    But we may also be watching to see if Kremer pitches at a high level does Elias make the choice not to make that trade.
    • Hyde determines bullpen matchups prior to the game. He does not use subjective eye tests in the moment. It's a good system that did not work in this case. No eye test can convince me that Baker is a better option than anyone, ever. He is a replacement level pitcher, at best.
    • Nice. This is much better than that Twitter feed I was using. 
    • Sure. I said 10-12 feet because that would be the extreme range of the difference in how far they could cover in four seconds. As you mention real life is a bit less.
    • This doesn’t detract from your main point, but fielders don’t get up to full speed for the first 3 seconds.  On average, Santander covers 32.2 feet in the first 3 seconds, Rodriguez 36.6, per Statcast jump data.  So, the difference on a 4 second hang time ball is more like 7-8 feet rather than 10-12.  
    • I think a team like the Orioles don't really have the luxury of extending a pretty good 30-year-old outfielder. Always take bb-ref comps with a grain of salt, but Santander's top comps through age 28 include: Jay Gibbons (less than 200 PAs after 30) Mark Trumbo (below replacement from 31-on) Carlos Quentin (below replacement from 31-on) Deron Johnson (1.6 WAR in 3198 PAs from 31-on) Willie Kirkland (productive career over at 28) Bo Jackson (yes, injuries, but done at 31) Nick Esasky (last good year at 29) Josh Reddick (OPS'd .711 with 2 WAR from 31-on) Also Paul O'Neill and Jay Buhner. So 8/10 would have been terrible choices to extend at 30.
    • The Statcast data does help highlight the silliness of errors. Or some of them. Rodriguez has a top sprint speed of over 29 feet/second, while Anthony Santander is at 26. On a 4-second hang time ball Rodriguez will be able to cover roughly 10-12 additional feet. So if a ball goes off his glove at the end he likely gets an error, while on the very same ball Santander gets credit for chasing a double or a triple up the gap. And then back to our discussion yesterday about ERA in another thread, whomever was on the mound is absolved from the Rodriguez error, while they take full blame for Santander allowing the extra-base hit.
  • Popular Contributors