Wednesday, June 28: Orioles vs Reds, series deciding game

SteveA

37 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I'd prefer to talk about the game too..but some of the comments on here tonight remind me of why Pride nights, and talking about this stuff is necessary, and in social spaces 

So if you come into the game thread, and instead of talking about the game. you start talking about how much having to acknowledge Gay people in a social space one game a year makes you "hate em". Then that derails the game thread, but I don't think it should be ignored or treated as acceptable. 

Doing things like this that are highly visible, help to show kids growing up that who they are is ok. LGTBQ youth are 4x as likely to attempt suicide vs straight teenagers (and the teenage suicide rate as a whole is to high). For one game a year, talking about stuff like this to help remove social stigma, and maybe save a few lives...just put the game on mute if it bugs you that much

Stick to baseball here. We are not going to do this in here. Yes, I mean this to everyone. It's ok to discuss the fact that the broadcast is not focusing on teh game, but we're not going to get into anything else in here. 

Thanks.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Adley’s power is starting to look like Weiters’ power.  

Rutschman both offensively and especially defensively has taken a bit of a step back this year. I'm hopeful it's more of a sophomore slump then any drop in talent. 

I feel he's still going to be very good. But the throwing has become an issue and the lack of power this year is disappointing.

1 minute ago, Emory Eagle said:

This team really wants to drop a series at home to the Cincinnati Reds.  Who by the way are not actually good.

The Reds are 1/2 game out of first.  Remind me a lot of the 2022 O's.  I wouldn't call them not good.  I would call them a team on the rise.

3 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

This team really wants to drop a series at home to the Cincinnati Reds.  Who by the way are not actually good.

Well they are in first place of a weak division and they can hit a bit. Why the Orioles can't hit their relievers is a mystery.