Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don’t believe that. You know a lot about baseball, pay close attention to free agency moves and trades. 

I do but I draw a blank with this game. I see names and I’m like yea, I never would have thought of him but if you put the name in front of me, I’d probably remember where they played. 

12 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I do but I draw a blank with this game. I see names and I’m like yea, I never would have thought of him but if you put the name in front of me, I’d probably remember where they played. 

I draw blanks, too. But if I’m on my phone, I leave it open and will come back to it later. Or if it’s on my laptop I leave a tab open and come back to it later. 

Also what works for me is thinking about baseball cards for some reason. 

Sunday:  Damn, couldn't come up with someone for the middle square so that cost me a potentially all time best score.

I ended up with 137 which means I had 37 for the 8 squares I did get, which is very good.   My all time best is 50-something so if I could have come up with a 15% kind of guy for the middle square I would have bested it.   But i whiffed completely.   Of course it helped to have an Oriole column where I can get 0.4%, 0.2%, and 0.1% for the 3 spots, as I'm sure most folks on this board could.

They've added an NFL Immaculate grid.   I suck at it.   And I don't enjoy the process like I do for baseball.   I won't be playing it daily.

Edited by SteveA

14 hours ago, Number5 said:

If there are no new posts to the MLB board, I don't go there.  This game discussion hides any new real MLB posts.  Make sense?  I'm just saying we do have sections expressly for game discussions.  Does this one have to be in the MLB section?

Not for nothing but it’s pretty easy to go to the ML section and see any new posts or discussions.   In this case, there are many people who enjoy discussing this game in the ML section and ONE who considers it an inconvenience.    So ……….  No offense but the masses have spoken.

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Not for nothing but it’s pretty easy to go to the ML section and see any new posts or discussions.   In this case, there are many people who enjoy discussing this game in the ML section and ONE who considers it an inconvenience.    So ……….  No offense but the masses have spoken.

LOL.  Yes, I can live with it.  Being alone doesn't make me wrong though.  🙂  It is also very easy to post game discussions in one of the boards designated for that purpose.

Just now, Number5 said:

LOL.  Yes, I can live with it.  Being alone doesn't make me wrong though.  🙂  It is also very easy to post game discussions in one of the boards designated for that purpose.

Technically, you are in the right.   Sometimes being right is all wrong.  Just go with the flow.  

16 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I draw blanks, too. But if I’m on my phone, I leave it open and will come back to it later. Or if it’s on my laptop I leave a tab open and come back to it later. 

Also what works for me is thinking about baseball cards for some reason. 

Do we still have the taken out of context thread?

I got my personal best of 66 today. The Cubs/Twins was the most difficult for me.

16 hours ago, Frobby said:

I started this thread, but I also suck at this game.   I’ve only had a perfect grid twice in about 25 games.  I do enjoy it when I pick a guy like Lloyd Waner and score an 0.1%.  

I'm perfect at about a similar rate. I'm definitely not very good at it, but it's really satisfying to finally remember someone after thinking on it for a while. 

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Does anyone know if a player has to play in a ML game to be eligible or just in an organization?

For example, can Kremer be chosen for the Dodgers and Orioles?

I believe the answer to this is yes.  I used Jason Varitek one time thinking he actually played a game for Seattle.  Suffice it to say, it didn't work.

• Upvote 1