Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not shocked you aren't interested in thoughts that don't agree with you.

Anyone that has dealt with you over the years is well aware of that trait.

It has nothing to do with agreeing with me or not. It’s just who you are as a person. 

8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Just to further piss off SG....

Reveal hidden contents

Greg Vaughn, Larry Walker, Juan Pierre

Joe Carter, Dennis Eckersley, Kenny Lofton

Edwin Jackson, Paul Goldschmidt, Tony Womack

199 rarity score.  Not the best, just wanted to get all 9.

Lol..not pissed even if coc wants to make it seem like I am. Just wondering why people feel the need to hide something that doesn’t matter and is easily avoidable.

I misread one of today’s squares that was MVP and ROY. I thought it meant same year, which I’m not sure has happened. I guessed the guy who led the league in homers and later testified to Congress during the steroid hearings, but he didn’t win MVP. There are obvious answers for guys who won ROY and MVP later.

10 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

I misread one of today’s squares that was MVP and ROY. I thought it meant same year, which I’m not sure has happened. I guessed the guy who led the league in homers and later testified to Congress during the steroid hearings, but he didn’t win MVP. There are obvious answers for guys who won ROY and MVP later.

It didn't have to be same year, but it has happened. Ichiro did it in 01. 

• Upvote 1

I don't begrudge anyone what pass-times they choose, but would it be possible to move this game discussion to either the computer games section or the fantasy baseball section?  I believe that is the purpose of those games sections.  I know I do like to check in on the MLB section for news and discussion about MLB and the other teams, but I'm really not interested in this particular game.  This discussion has kind of monopolized the MLB section for the last couple of weeks and one has to kind of weed through to see if there are any MLB discussions in the section.  Hate to be a party pooper, but it just doesn't seem to belong here, does it?  I doubt if I'm alone in this, but if I am and no one else is bothered by this, then by all means, party on!

2 hours ago, TheWall said:

It didn't have to be same year, but it has happened. Ichiro did it in 01. 

Fred Lynn too.  I wasn't sure if they needed someone who did it in the same year or not so I went with Lynn to be on the safe side.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

I don't begrudge anyone what pass-times they choose, but would it be possible to move this game discussion to either the computer games section or the fantasy baseball section?  I believe that is the purpose of those games sections.  I know I do like to check in on the MLB section for news and discussion about MLB and the other teams, but I'm really not interested in this particular game.  This discussion has kind of monopolized the MLB section for the last couple of weeks and one has to kind of weed through to see if there are any MLB discussions in the section.  Hate to be a party pooper, but it just doesn't seem to belong here, does it?  I doubt if I'm alone in this, but if I am and no one else is bothered by this, then by all means, party on!

I guess I don't see the problem.   It's all in this one thread.

When you go to the major league board you can see the last dozen or so threads and click on whichever ones you want.   No matter how many posts there are in this one thread, it's just going to take up one space on the MLB page.

There's a thread on the Orioles page about us trading for Ohtani.   I consider that a pipe dream so I glanced at maybe one or two posts in that thread at most, even though it is many pages long.  But I'm not bothered by its existence, I just don't bother to click on it and read the latest every day.

5 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I guess I don't see the problem.   It's all in this one thread.

When you go to the major league board you can see the last dozen or so threads and click on whichever ones you want.   No matter how many posts there are in this one thread, it's just going to take up one space on the MLB page.

There's a thread on the Orioles page about us trading for Ohtani.   I consider that a pipe dream so I glanced at maybe one or two posts in that thread at most, even though it is many pages long.  But I'm not bothered by its existence, I just don't bother to click on it and read the latest every day.

If there are no new posts to the MLB board, I don't go there.  This game discussion hides any new real MLB posts.  Make sense?  I'm just saying we do have sections expressly for game discussions.  Does this one have to be in the MLB section?

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

Scored a 161 today, not that great but it’s my best. I keep messing up with a guess early on and not getting all 9. 

Was surprised my selection for MVP/ROY was only 9%. I’m guessing among OH players it’s much higher ;) 

He was only at 1% when I picked him. 

4 hours ago, SteveA said:

Fred Lynn too.  I wasn't sure if they needed someone who did it in the same year or not so I went with Lynn to be on the safe side.   

I went with him, too. 

It’s always a good day when you get to use Mickey Tettleton. I was 8/9 though, couldn’t get the Braves/Angels. 

@Sports Guyyou could play Casey Kotchman!!!!

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

I went with him, too. 

It’s always a good day when you get to use Mickey Tettleton. I was 8/9 though, couldn’t get the Braves/Angels

@Sports Guyyou could play Casey Kotchman!!!!

I was stumped for a while until I came up with Justin Upton.

I had already used Teixiera for Atl/Tex so I couldn't use him for Atl/LAA.