Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

I was surprised to learn that Billy Williams didn’t play his whole career with the Cubs, playing out the string with the A’s for two seasons.  After blowing that answer, I went the opposite direction and answered Matt Mervis, a local kid from here who played all of 27 games for the Cubs this summer.  Dumb category if you can pick guys like that.  There ought to be an 800 game minimum or something.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I was surprised to learn that Billy Williams didn’t play his whole career with the Cubs, playing out the string with the A’s for two seasons.  After blowing that answer, I went the opposite direction and answered Matt Mervis, a local kid from here who played all of 27 games for the Cubs this summer.  Dumb category if you can pick guys like that.  There ought to be an 800 game minimum or something.  

I agree, I think it's a dumb category, too.  

4 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 100.

Hide contents

Bill Buckner, Jamie Moyer, Justin Steele

George Scott, Prince Fielder, Corbin Burnes

Carl Yastrzemski, Fergie Jenkins, Cal Ripken Jr.

I was doing really well on the rarity score until Prince Fielder wiped it out with 44%.

120 but I just got lazy and went with Ernie Banks for Cub one team guy.  Should/could have been under 100 if I had made the effort.

Had the exact same bottom row as you!

Pretty proud of myself for my 0.3% Kevin Reimer pull for the middle square.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SteveA said:

120 but I just got lazy and went with Ernie Banks for Cub one team guy.  Should/could have been under 100 if I had made the effort.

Had the exact same bottom row as you!

Pretty proud of myself for my 0.3% Kevin Reimer pull for the middle square.

I almost went with Ernie Banks but wanted to try someone current. Figured Steele would have been more popular. 

Also figured Cal would be more popular but this game is surprising!

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I almost went with Ernie Banks but wanted to try someone current. Figured Steele would have been more popular. 

Also figured Cal would be more popular but this game is surprising!

I think a fair amount of folks playing are the sort that cheat at solitaire and they fill out their grids with Baseball Reference open in another tab.

29 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

9/9 59 rarity score

Hide contents

Raul Mondesi, Duke Snider, Don Sutton

Rey Ordonez, Eddie Murray, David Wright

Tony Fernandez, Jose Canseco, Roger Clemens

What was your Dodgers born out of the US score? I was going to use him, but went in another direction and got 3.

44 overall.