Anyone tried the Immaculate Grid game?

Frobby

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Yeah, he does.  I always think of him for Reds/Rockies.

I use him when I can when there's a Nats box with another team he played for.   Most people forget his partial season with the Nats near the end of his career, but I don't because I went to a Nats game at RFK Stadium where he hit a walkoff game winning hit.   He only had 32 ABs as a Nat but that was one of them and I still remember it.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

I use him when I can when there's a Nats box with another team he played for.   Most people forget his partial season with the Nats near the end of his career, but I don't because I went to a Nats game at RFK Stadium where he hit a walkoff game winning hit.   He only had 32 ABs as a Nat but that was one of them and I still remember it.

That's a good memory!  I remember him finishing with the Nats as kind of a "homecoming" for finishing his career.

9/9, 131.   66 of that came on the 300 saves / Minnesota square.

Used former O's for all 3 team/team categories, for Reds 300 saves and Reds 6+ WAR.

Could have had a max of 6 former O's.   If I hadn't used Lee Smith for Reds 300 saves, I could have used him for Cardinals 300 saves.   And then there are a bunch of guys I could have used for Reds 300 saves:  Randy Myers, Norm Charlton, Jose Mesa.

Don't think it was possible to get an Oriole for Cardinals 6+ WAR, Twins 6+ WAR, or Twins 300 saves.

• Upvote 1

9/9, 133 today.  I didn’t want to think too hard or take any risks for LA/Philly or LA/Atlanta, and my choice was the most popular for each of those.   

When I first read “10+ Win Pitching” I read it as “10+ WAR Pitching.”   That would have been tough!

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

9/9, 133 today.  I didn’t want to think too hard or take any risks for LA/Philly or LA/Atlanta, and my choice was the most popular for each of those.   

When I first read “10+ Win Pitching” I read it as “10+ WAR Pitching.”   That would have been tough!

Oh my gosh. That’s exactly how I read it. And I totally cheated on the A’s. Then I saw they had 140+ possible answers and couldn’t figure out why my reading comprehension is so bad. Zito, Hudson, Mulder, Stewart, Welch, non of those guys had 10 WAR seasons. Had to go back to Philadelphia to get an answer. Philadelphia and Atlanta wasn’t too difficult to get a 10 WAR season for a pitcher.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I was breezing along but I wanted a low score.  Went with Kent Mercker for Brave with 10 wins with a high degree of confidence that he had one good year with them.   Ugggh!

Just now, Frobby said:

I totally screwed up today’s grid but I was really proud that I got someone who played both C and SS.   Then I saw that 427 players have done it!   That was deflating.  

Did you use a former Oriole? 
I started playing at 9 and all the squares said 100. Currently I have a 59.