You can see it

Moose Milligan

The placeholders will continue to be pushed out.

As much as we complain about the front office's decisions when it comes to roster moves and prospect promotions...they've established an incredible player development system.  I can't remember which veteran said it, but during spring training he was asked about the young prospects.  He responded by saying they are all huge. Incredibly solid.  Means also complimented them on their maturity during his in-game interview today.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

With the promotion of Cowser today and his performance at Yankee Stadium, along with Jordan Westburg...you can see something special really unfolding before your eyes.  The talent that's been collected in the system over the past few years is really starting to come up now...tonight's lineup with Rutschman, Henderson, Westburg and Cowser was awesome to see and there's only more on the way.

Hopefully this is the first of many wins at Yankee stadium for this core group.  So sick of having to hear about the Yankees "Core Four" for all that time, I hope that we have a Core 5 or 6 or 7 that can torment the Yankees and everyone else in the AL East for years to come.

200.gif

• Upvote 2

I have heard Elias say he likes to give guys a taste of new levels before breaks.

If the 2024 All-Star break rates for Mayo/Holliday next year like Westburg/Cowser this year, maybe a year from now the Peak Adley lineups are unveiled:

Adley, Mayo, Westburg, Holliday, Gunnar, Cowser, Mullins, Santander, Hays, Kjerstad in some order.    The Decision Science of Rest gives everyone 10% of games off, but those 10 guys all pace towards 600 PA in the second half of 2024.     You got Adley and that for four Octobers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's crazy the Orioles might have a lineup full of all stars within a couple years.

Some September experience for those '25 bids couldn't hurt.

It could be quite nice if any kind of Angelos MLB denouement brought an All-Star Game back to OPACY by '27.

• Upvote 1

That postgame interview was great.  Such good chemistry between these guys.  And Cowser seemed utterly relaxed, just being himself in front of the camera.   I think our clubhouse is going to be a lot of fun.  

• Upvote 1

Im glad @Moose Milliganposted this. Tonight was so exciting and it wasn’t even about the outcome (although the win made it better). The 26-man roster has a considerable amount of young talent and we still have guys yet to join the MLB squad. I don’t know if I’ve seen an Orioles team with this much young talent. One could argue that ‘89 with Brady, Finley, Devereaux, Worthington, Olson, and Harnish was better. Heck that team even had Schilling late in the season along with Ben McDonald. I still like the current group of talent. Wish we had one more top 50 starter (not DL Hall). 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's crazy the Orioles might have a lineup full of all stars within a couple years.

IIRC the '64 Cardinals had the whole NL All-Star infield. And they were the gold-standard org at the time. 

• Upvote 1

Adley

1b O’hearn

2b westy

ss Gunnar

3b Urias

lf hays

cf mullins

rf cowser

dh Santander 

This is what I can’t wait to see. 

I know someone is going to say bring Ortiz up him SS and Gunnar at 3B which also sounds like fun but all of these guys are on the roster and that is awesome 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

Im glad @Moose Milliganposted this. Tonight was so exciting and it wasn’t even about the outcome (although the win made it better). The 26-man roster has a considerable amount of young talent and we still have guys yet to join the MLB squad. I don’t know if I’ve seen an Orioles team with this much young talent. One could argue that ‘89 with Brady, Finley, Devereaux, Worthington, Olson, and Harnish was better. Heck that team even had Schilling late in the season along with Ben McDonald. I still like the current group of talent. Wish we had one more top 50 starter (not DL Hall). 

With all due respect to that overachieving '89 squad, I don't believe any of that group (except maybe Olson) had anything close to the prospect ranking in MLB that our current group has.