You can see it

Moose Milligan

8 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

What is the level of concern that they will actually sign this core group to long term deals? I fear we will have to win a WS in the next 4-5 years while these guys are on their pre-arb contracts. Will certainly enjoy the ride now but I wish this org was more like the Braves and would lock up Adley, Gunnar, Westburg, and Cowser to long term deals.

What level of concern?  None...This ownership group might lock up one or two guys, but l can't imagine locking all of them up like the braves.  And I think the age and position make Adley the least likely.

That said, there are other ways to be successful long term and Elias has said he plans to be competitive continuously and I could see that.  With or without extensions or huge FA contracts.  Or, maybe Elias can sell Angelos on it...who knows?

But I join you in wanting a WS title and this group is gonna get a chance.  

13 hours ago, Surhoffan17 said:

And then you see a 4-hit performance by Kjerstad at AAA and a 5-hit performance by Holliday at A+. The future is amazingly bright! 

Very bright.  And then there's Coby Mayo since June 1 in AA:  .359/.479/.752/.1.231.  I know he has a thread of his own going at the moment, but a 1.231 OPS sustained over 5+ weeks is every bit as exciting IMO.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Very bright.  And then there's Coby Mayo since June 1 in AA:  .359/.479/.752/.1.231.  I know he has a thread of his own going at the moment, but a 1.231 OPS sustained over 5+ weeks is every bit as exciting IMO.

But he was hitless yesterday!  Bust! 😉

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Oh, I think Adley is great and refuse to believe otherwise. But we have such a strong program now we aren't relying on one guy to save us. 

My take on Adley is that he is very good in ALL areas of the game, and  it is like having another very baseball knowledgable  Coach on the field,  with him playing the very important position of Catcher.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

My take on Adley is that he is very good in ALL areas of the game, and  it is like having another very baseball knowledgable  Coach on the field,  with him playing the very important position of Catcher.

It's not a coincidence the Orioles started winning more games than they lose as soon as Adley joined the team and once he got settled in.

• Upvote 1

I got my wife a Gunner shirt for her 83 birthday. She's not really a baseball fan, but she has really taken to these young players the Orioles have drafted over the last several years. She likes the way they carry themselves and remarks about how they really seem to approach the game in a serious/professional way - yet seem to be having fun with each other at the same time. For the first time in like forever, she wants to watch games.

I sure don't know what the future holds, but damn it's a good time to be an Oriole Fan. I'm sure we will continue to find things to complain about but last night made The Beer Seem Real Cold!!! 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

I got my wife a Gunner shirt for her 83 birthday. She's not really a baseball fan, but she has really taken to these young players the Orioles have drafted over the last several years. She likes the way they carry themselves and remarks about how they really seem to approach the game in a serious/professional way - yet seem to be having fun with each other at the same time. For the first time in like forever, she wants to watch games.

I sure don't know what the future holds, but damn it's a good time to be an Oriole Fan. I'm sure we will continue to find things to complain about but last night made The Beer Seem Real Cold!!! 

I love everything about this!  :)  Let's Go!!!

6 hours ago, Too Tall said:

I sure hope the future holds many more years beyond 83 for you both to watch these O’s!

Cheers and congratulations!

• 2 months later...

You can see it.  Tonight, Grayson stepped up and delivered a gem.  First time he's gone 8 innings...and it was 8 innings of dominance.  If that's a coming out party of sorts, he couldn't have picked a better game.  I do believe he will get CYA votes next year.

Gunnar filling up the box score, 3/5, 2 runs, 3 RBI, and a homer.

Adley 1/3, RBI.

Three guys that are the core of this team moving forward had a great performance tonight.  Exciting times.

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

You can see it.  Tonight, Grayson stepped up and delivered a gem.  First time he's gone 8 innings...and it was 8 innings of dominance.  If that's a coming out party of sorts, he couldn't have picked a better game.  I do believe he will get CYA votes next year.

Gunnar filling up the box score, 3/5, 2 runs, 3 RBI, and a homer.

Adley 1/3, RBI.

Three guys that are the core of this team moving forward had a great performance tonight.  Exciting times.

Yes. I was there. You can see it!!

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...