Sizing Up The Orioles Ahead of The Trade Deadline (MLB Network)

Billy F-Face3

1 hour ago, IPlayGM said:

Pretty cool coverage, and pretty informed honestly. This is why I am in the “upgrade the bullpen aggressively “ camp. Then this off-season can be the time to replace Gibson with a significant upgrade.

That's where Shane Bieber comes in.....or Jordan Montgomery.

16 hours ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

At the end, he provides a very important message of discretion. I think it's something we should all take into account, because if it's not a legitimate bonafide Ace, we shouldn't be paying high price with some of our prospects. And I've seen many people over value some of the pitchers that are on those "seller" teams.

The goal is to significantly IMPROVE the pitching staff. If it doesn't significantly improve the pitching staff, it's not worth it at all. Don't overrate a pitcher just because we want to make an acquisition to help the rotation. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

Does anyone have an issue with this guy talking about Wells, Bradish, and Gibson while the video shows nothing but rockets are being hit off them?  If you're going to say Wells is a ToR starter, then show some Ks!  It's like someone wanted to put in a subliminal message to underscore that the Orioles starters suck.

2 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

Does anyone have an issue with this guy talking about Wells, Bradish, and Gibson while the video shows nothing but rockets are being hit off them?  If you're going to say Wells is a ToR starter, then show some Ks!  It's like someone wanted to put in a subliminal message to underscore that the Orioles starters suck.

Agreed. It's almost like the video editor thought his job was to support that slate of low AL-rank stats that was put up earlier rather than the commentary it ended up accompanying. Horrible image-text coordination, especially since it happened over & over as they ran through Wells, Gibson, and Bradish.  Not totally happy with how Kremer didn't get any mention either.

7 hours ago, Filmstudy said:

Yes, I always do as they trash the Orioles every chance they get while they drool over the overrated Yankees.  For as many years as I can  remember.  Now for the first time in a long time we are good, but  nothing changes with the overpaid, underworked,   whatever they are.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oriole1940 said:

Yes, I always do as they trash the Orioles every chance they get while they drool over the overrated Yankees.  For as many years as I can  remember.  Now for the first time in a long time we are good, but  nothing changes with the overpaid, underworked,   whatever they are.  

Video editors are generally overworked--I blame whomever the director/producer was who gave poor instructions to him/her or approved the cut without rectifying it (possibly because they ran out of time, wch, to be fair, is usually a problem in broadcasting). I doubt it was the commentator since his main point, of course, was to praise the O's.

Edited by LA2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Our playoff rotation,

Game 1 - Wells

Game 2 - Bradish

Game 3 - Kreme/Grayson/Means

Game 4 - Kremer/Grayson/Means

It would be nice to get Giolito then bump everyone down a game. Then Giolito could start game 5. 

Interesting: so you would actually prefer any of Kremer/Grayson/healthy Means over Gibson, who as the show pointed out, does have playoff experience? (Only 3.33 innings and zero starts,  but it was during three different series against three different opponents.) Not disagreeing--just curious as to why.

2 hours ago, ChosenOne21 said:

Not sure what a "legitimate, bonafide ace" is, but if we aren't acquiring someone who isn't roughly a full run of ERA better than the 4.5 that Kremer, Gibson, and Irvin's true talent likely is, I don't want to part with any of our best prospects.

I really don't think they will.  We'll be looking at guys like Stowers or McKenna who've already had some MLB playing time, or B-tier prospects like Hudson Haskin and Cesar Prieto, who are doing well but have next to no path to the big league team.

There's also the distinct possibility the team trades Mateo, Urias, Mountcastle, etc.

31 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Interesting: so you would actually prefer any of Kremer/Grayson/healthy Means over Gibson, who as the show pointed out, does have playoff experience? (Only 3.33 innings and zero starts,  but it was during three different series against three different opponents.) Not disagreeing--just curious as to why.

Forgot Gibson*

I wish Elias would dummy up and take our advice, all of it, from everybody.

A REALLY GOOD GM could get a quality TOR starter, and two quality RPs for Mateo, Frazier, McKenna, and a bag of broken fungo bats.  What the hell is holding him back.  

I don't think Elias is going to do anything stupid.  

• Haha 1