Cedric Mullins

boothdos

2 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

In Cowser's case it's the way he swings a bat.  

Vald Sr. (my favorite player during his career/after Tony Gwynn retired) had a pretty fugly swing and he turned out alright I'd say. 

Jason Giambi, Adrien Beltre, Johnny Damon, Ichiro, Pedroia, Prince Fielder, Kevin Youkilis are names from the last 20+ years who had ugly swings and they were all pretty good players. 

Guriel, Ozuna, Matt Olsen, Corey Seager, Stanton, Bo Bichette.. all  have pretty awful swings. 

In summary, I think that judging a player by how he swings is kinda silly.  

• Upvote 1

Ced was on Mookie Betts' podcast yesterday morning. My former student works.for Bleacher Report and texted me about the Ced interview. 

Ced told Mookie his quad could be related to the groin injury (?) and that he's just day to day. 

https://youtu.be/97SMZ8fSExU

As for the podcast, I didn't realize Ced played 2020 while delaying surgery for an infection of some sort. 

1 hour ago, billyripken03 said:

Ced was on Mookie Betts' podcast yesterday morning. My former student works.for Bleacher Report and texted me about the Ced interview. 

Ced told Mookie his quad could be related to the groin injury (?) and that he's just day to day. 

https://youtu.be/97SMZ8fSExU

As for the podcast, I didn't realize Ced played 2020 while delaying surgery for an infection of some sort. 

Thanks.   I enjoyed that.   First time I had heard Ced for an extended chat. Cool guy.

4 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

This is pretty discouraging.

That's not how I read Cedric's full quote: “Definitely want to take the time to treat it properly and make sure everything’s going to be fine. The goal is the back end, for sure, the longevity of the back end of the season. So, see where it takes us.”

To me, he's saying he wants to make sure he's good to go through the whole season, not that he's targeting the backend of the season for his return. The phrasing is a little murky, but I read that quote before seeing this tweet and I just didn't read it that way. 

Edited by interloper
  • Upvote 1