Tejada is back and killing us again!

melankfo

Using him to back up your point suggests that he's always right. Doubly so since you phrase that as "his take was correct" before pointing out you share the opinion...and it IS opinion.

Well put it this way Wedge, Palmer is a HOF Major League pitcher infinitely more qualified than you or I to judge what occured on any given baseball play. So while he isn't "God" as you so astutely pointed out there is also a darn good chance that he is right in his opinion based on his years of actually playing and watching the game (the man has also been broadcasting for a while as well, probably longer than a lot of people posting here).

At any rate, when my opinion (and I have been a mere fan for over 40 years) matches Palmer's I think it is pretty certain that we are not way off base as I take you seem to think for some unknown reason. Perhaps you could acknowledge that or are you another one of those (I hope not) 30 year old know-it-alls- done it all where if that was the case you would have to be twice your age to even come close to making such a claim!;)

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miggy has 38 more hits, 18 RBI's and 17 less K's and is 90 points higher in BA and 168 higher in OPS.

Yes I know this, but I'm just putting it into perspective. Sure Miggy is getting hits, but they are all singles. Miggy just doesn't "produce well" anymore unless you consider hitting only single as producing well

I hate it when somebody plays the age card. Older doesn't always equal wiser. To suggest such is really darn condescending.

Plus, I will listen to pretty much anything Palmer says on the topic of pitching. But he was never a middle infielder.

I agree with this post- but honestly- just about everyone on here with posts numbering in the thousands- tend to be condescending to anyone with a different opinion.

Besides that, did I miss something- when did this become a pitching thread? I'm stuck watching the NESN broadcast of the game- as MASN is blacked out on my set.

I agree with this post- but honestly- just about everyone on here with posts numbering in the thousands- tend to be condescending to anyone with a different opinion.

Oh no doubt, but I'd rather it be backed up by something more than the equivalent of "know your place, youngster."

Well, that's about it. You just don't get it man. I can't take you seriously as someone who knows anything about baseball if you keep saying stuff like this. It's really like Tejada kicked your dog. You really have no clue.

Well you are certainly entitled to your opinion as much as I and I could say the same thing about you in that if you think Tejada should not be replaced defensively at shortstop than you don't have a clue!

I have repeatedly said this and I think you have too, so don't think for a second it will convince Eli Eon.

Because I disagree with it because it simply is not correct. I am tired of watching the erratic defense of one Miguel Tejada. To me his defense can easily be improved upon, and his bat retained at either DH or the OF. No big deal to me but a move that needs to be made if they ever want to get this team above 500.

Because I disagree with it because it simply is not correct. I am tired of watching the erratic defense of one Miguel Tejada. To me his defense can easily be improved upon, and his bat retained at either DH or the OF. No big deal to me but a move that needs to be made if they ever want to get this team above 500.

We will not be above .500 with him at DH or LF. We need a better hitter at that spot to be a good team. I don't know how more times and in how many more ways I can explain this to you.

I hate it when somebody plays the age card. Older doesn't always equal wiser. To suggest such is really darn condescending.

Plus, I will listen to pretty much anything Palmer says on the topic of pitching. But he was never a middle infielder.

So what, he played a lot of years and if you watched him (Palmer) like I did you would know not only was he a Gold Glove fielder he was a fanatic about positioning the outfield as well. Where do you get the idea that he doesn't understand baseball enough to comment on a play that Tejada screwed up. Heck, if I can see it, and the same way as Palmer it really wasn't difficult to make the correct comment that Tejada was at fault. Some posters here seem overly sensitive to anything negative posted about Tejada's suspect defense. You better get used to it because he no doubt will continue to screw up routine plays, and Palmer and I will call them as we see them.:eek:

We will not be above .500 with him at DH or LF. We need a better hitter at that spot to be a good team. I don't know how more times and in how many more ways I can explain this to you.

Tejada in LF isn't a better hitter than Peyton or Gibbons? There is nothing to explain, he is night and day better.:eek:

Tejada in LF isn't a better hitter than Peyton or Gibbons? There is nothing to explain, he is night and day better.:eek:

You have never seen Tejada play Left Field. For all you know, he could be worse out there than Manny.

So what, he played a lot of years and if you watched him (Palmer) like I did you would know not only was he a Gold Glove fielder he was a fanatic about positioning the outfield as well. Where do you get the idea that he doesn't understand baseball enough to comment on a play that Tejada screwed up. Heck, if I can see it, and the same way as Palmer it really wasn't difficult to make the correct comment that Tejada was at fault. Some posters here seem overly sensitive to anything negative posted about Tejada's suspect defense. You better get used to it because he no doubt will continue to screw up routine plays, and Palmer and I will call them as we see them.:eek:

Well even if I agree (which wasn't even the crux of my point anyway) about you and Palmer agreeing on a point making said point CARVED IN THE ALMIGHTY STONE OF TRUTH, that's one instance. It doesn't completely validate your all or nothing style opinio-theory.

Yes I know this, but I'm just putting it into perspective. Sure Miggy is getting hits, but they are all singles. Miggy just doesn't "produce well" anymore unless you consider hitting only single as producing well

Well by productive I mean that he is hitting, but maybe not the way we want him to be hitting. A single is a hit, it's not a HR but it's still a hit.

I completely agree that his power numbers need to improve but my point was that he hasn't been the 1,000 weight on the line-up like Gibbons, Huff, and to lesser extent Payton.

Archived