Tejada is back and killing us again!

melankfo

But Luis has an A+ in the "Name Doesn't Rhyme With Ji-guel Bay-Hada" Category. And, that seems to be pretty important in projecting ML ability. :D

Unfortunately for Miggy, he fails in that one BIG TIME.

He didn't smile at me or recognize my sign during the game.

A POX UPON HIS HOUSE! A CURSE UPON HIS CHILDREN!

BEFORE JESUS AND ALL THE BONES OF THE SAINTS I SAY..

NAY!

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big floppy shoes, shiny red nose, bow tie.......yup, it's another clown!!!

Time for you to go re-read the rules again.

5. Posts containing slanderous or otherwise disrespectful messages will be removed. This includes name calling of other posters, Orioles players, coaches, front office personnel, or Hangout staff.

http://www.orioleshangout.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2

Tejada is 13th among SS in fielding percentage. Ahead of Jeter, Furcal, Hanley Ramirez, and others. Fielding % certainly isn't the most important defensive stat, but he's around the middle of the pack if not higher in almost all of them.

18th in Range Factor, 5th in Zone Rating, and a 99 Rate (100 is average, so he's been 1% worse than average according to Baseball Prospectus). There really isn't one end-all be-all defensive stat, but if you look at everything you can find, you can certainyl get an idea of the trends, and Miggy is right around average.

If you want an elite defensive SS, Miggy isn't your guy, but Miggy will win you more games than most of the elite defensive SS because most of those guys can't hit their weight.

Actually a 99 rate, under BP's system, means that if you played 100 games, you would cost your team 1 run compared to an average fielder:

Rate

A way to look at the fielder's rate of production, equal to 100 plus the number of runs above or below average this fielder is per 100 games. A player with a rate of 110 is 10 runs above average per 100 games, a player with an 87 is 13 runs below average per 100 games, etc.

Tejada has played fewer than 100 games, so that means his defense has cost the team something less than one run compared to an average shortstop so far this season, according to BP. Not much of a price to pay for his offense.

Tejada has played fewer than 100 games, so that means his defense has cost the team something less than one run compared to an average shortstop so far this season, according to BP. Not much of a price to pay for his offense.

Just great. Do you know how many games that fraction of a run would have saved us? That's a fraction of a run we will never get back...never I tell you!

Ya know Cal Ripken leads the Orioles all-time with GIDP.

Tejada doesn't even lead the team right now, that would be Markakis.

This Tejada hate is totally stupid and unwarranted.

The clown response doesn't even warrant a response. This almost doesn't- but more than anything it shows the immaturity of some hangouters. "Totally stupid?"

So what is all the hate threads when Gibbons is playing awful, or Huff, or Payton? They have had their moments, yet they get vilified and crucified for underperforming. Tejada had some good years, but post Palmeiro- he has been average AT BEST. The only thing keeping him there is his batting average. His defense has been a liability. His offense, minus one 4 rbi game (even Gibbons recently had a 5 rbi game didnt he??), has been a liability- as he shows the same impatience that has always plagued him.

His anxiousness at the plate reminds me of a guy trying to make it in the bigs. Corey Patterson has as much patience as Tejada does.

He is past his best years, and he is no longer a guy that can be counted on.. not that he was ever a great clutch player to begin with.

Seeing Tejada in the lineup again to me is like watchying the team walk in place. It was great to see the fresh young faces at short, and the energy they brought. I have held back form posting any threads about him- as I am trying top refrain from starting negative posts now- but I wasn't going to hestitate in "responding" to them, especially when he seems to have the blind faith of so many.

It's time to move on. You're living in the past- 3 years in the past- if you think Tejada is anything more than an average player right now.

It's time to move on. You're living in the past- 3 years in the past- if you think Tejada is anything more than an average player right now.

What an absurd remark. I am not going to sit here and tell you that Tejada is just as good now as he was in 2004 and the first half of 2005, but he is far better than average. Of 28 shortstops who qualify, Miggy is 6th in batting average, 8th in OBP, 12th in slugging, 10th in OPS, 13th in RBI (despite missing a month), and 11th in RC/27. The worst you can say is that he has slipped from elite to above average.

Tejada just saved the Orioles a run by catching Mirabelli sleeping.

you can mail your apologies to 333 West Camden St Baltimore, MD 21201

You're kidding, right? Mirabelli screwed the pooch there and everyone in the ballpark knew it. If Tejada had not turned around and thrown home it would have been a crime. Using this one play as evidence that he's wonderful (when he really didn't do anything other than his job) is just as silly as using a single error or GIDP as evidence he's terrible.

So what is all the hate threads when Gibbons is playing awful, or Huff, or Payton? .

The difference is this

Miggy .783

Payton .699

Huff .663

Gibbons .615

The difference is Miggy is an asset to the team and is creating runs whereas Gibbons, Huff, and to a lesser extent Payton are liabilities and are costing the teams runs.

You're kidding, right? Mirabelli screwed the pooch there and everyone in the ballpark knew it. If Tejada had not turned around and thrown home it would have been a crime. Using this one play as evidence that he's wonderful (when he really didn't do anything other than his job) is just as silly as using a single error or GIDP as evidence he's terrible.

I was being rather facetious.

But that was a heads up play that the "lazy" Tejada would have just assumed it was done.

If you are going to rake the guy over the coals for every misstep he makes, it is only fair to give him a bit of dap for a good play.

I was being rather facetious.

But that was a heads up play that the "lazy" Tejada would have just assumed it was done.

If you are going to rake the guy over the coals for every misstep he makes, it is only fair to give him a bit of dap for a good play.

Whatever. Luis Hernandez would have gotten 4 outs and scored us 3 runs on that play.

The clown response doesn't even warrant a response. This almost doesn't- but more than anything it shows the immaturity of some hangouters. "Totally stupid?"

So what is all the hate threads when Gibbons is playing awful, or Huff, or Payton? They have had their moments, yet they get vilified and crucified for underperforming. Tejada had some good years, but post Palmeiro- he has been average AT BEST. The only thing keeping him there is his batting average. His defense has been a liability. His offense, minus one 4 rbi game (even Gibbons recently had a 5 rbi game didnt he??), has been a liability- as he shows the same impatience that has always plagued him.

His anxiousness at the plate reminds me of a guy trying to make it in the bigs. Corey Patterson has as much patience as Tejada does.

He is past his best years, and he is no longer a guy that can be counted on.. not that he was ever a great clutch player to begin with.

Seeing Tejada in the lineup again to me is like watchying the team walk in place. It was great to see the fresh young faces at short, and the energy they brought. I have held back form posting any threads about him- as I am trying top refrain from starting negative posts now- but I wasn't going to hestitate in "responding" to them, especially when he seems to have the blind faith of so many.

Not really...

#P/PA

Tejada = 3.53

Patterson = 3.16

Tejada over the past 3 years has been around 3.50-3.54 #P/PA and Patterson is at 3.16 since joining the Orioles.

Archived