Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

One thing I will say about Cowser, he appears to be similar to Gunnar in that he will have to get more aggressive by attacking pitches in the zone earlier in the count. It's great to be patient but when you are consistently behind in the count you are not doing yourself any favors. It's hard to hit with two strikes against Major League pitchers.

1 minute ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Oh c'mon.  There are threads I've been told that.  BTW:  I wasn't using hyperbole.  That was sarcasm.  You were right, literally, that Cowser could be worse, as he is showing.  

The guy's played 8 games.  We survived for an entire month with Mateo hitting like a pitcher.  We can give him just a teeny bit more slack than this.

3 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Cowser had a legitimate beef on e of his strikeout calls. 1 was inside and the other was low. Umpire has been too pitcher friendly.

Both hit the corners and both were way to close to take. Hes looking for walks 

Lineup at bats still not consistent and hard to navigate.   Guys lack patience like they want to get the game over.  You have to grind these at bats out.   Dodgers outclassing Os in every way - sending a message that Os aren’t quite there yet. 

5 minutes ago, justD said:

Man.  I flew out here from CO yesterday, drive up from NC today and scrambled to get here once checked in at the hotel.  They’re making me struggle to say it was worth it LOL

On the other hand, I did pick up a nice set of goodies at Members Rewards 😎

IMG_8369.jpeg

That's quite a journey! Let's hope the Orioles are able to rally and get an amazing come from behind win to make a great memory!

6 minutes ago, Baltimorecuse said:

Oh c'mon.  There are threads I've been told that.  BTW:  I wasn't using hyperbole.  That was sarcasm.  You were right, literally, that Cowser could be worse, as he is showing.  

No one here says that.

We've all seen too many big time prospects fail at the highest level.

We dealt with the Switch Hitting Jesus being a pretty average bat for goodness sake.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

Both hit the corners and both were way to close to take. Hes looking for walks 

Can't always count on an umpire to see it the same way. I think he should decrease the umpire's role in the equation and be more aggressive and start attacking pitches. He should have learned that from the way Gunnar started the season.