Thursday, July 20: Orioles vs Rays to begin the biggest series of the Elias/Hyde era

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Santander has an OPS+ of 128 and a wRC+ of 125. In other words, at or near his career peak, and better than Cal or Brooks' career marks. A 128 OPS+ would be Nick Markakis' second-best offensive season.
    • Just as importantly they used baseballs where they'd replaced the cushioned cork center with Flubber. There's almost no way that sometime in early 1993 the entire league suddenly decided to use industrial quantities of 'roids AND started to work out like madmen so they'd take effect. In 1992 the majors scored just over four runs a game, and by mid-1993 it was about five. Not to rehash that entire argument for the 10,000th time...
    • I tend to doubt Pitt trades Keller but I think Bednar could be on the board. He hasn’t even the lights out guy so far that he has been in the past. Mountcastle and other make them a better offense and perhaps team right now.
    • Because I believe how it works is they project FIP and then adjust based on team defense and park factors to project ERA. Since we’re talking about a trade, the context-specific elements of defense and park factors are less relevant. The projections have been shown to be more highly correlated with future performance than ERA or ERA estimators such as FIP.  
    • Wait …what . Cedric has hit for .271 and .290 in his career. And I could also live with the .258 he hit a couple seasons ago.
    • I'm happy that I made it through yesterday intact but look ahead...there are thousands of viruses floating around out there, and it might thunderstorm this weekend...I feel there's a solid chance I get struck by lightning at least twice...my "health" will likely be short lived...but I'm happy to be alive...for now..
    • Pittsburgh signed Keller thru 2028.  As much as I would like to trade for him, I think they plan to build their rotation around Keller and Skenes.  Keller is a #2/3 with ace upside.  If their GM would think to move him, they would no doubt want a package starting w/ Mayo/Basallo or Holliday, fair or unfair. 
  • Popular Contributors