Scoreboard watching

Frobby

9 hours ago, Just Regular said:

Mariners hometown announcers were giddy Verlander only 93 in the first inning, in contrast to Castillo 99.

He threw Julio four straight curveballs, which could have been either a baring your teeth attack plan, or Verlander pitching scared depending on your spin.

8Ip. 1ER 8K.

Don't think he was scared.

Oh look 8 innings, 8 strikeouts and under 100 pitches.  

Edited by Can_of_corn

Hometown announcers will say anything.     We know from the King kerfuffle the Seattle ones can be sensitive.

With good fortune, Orioles Bats will give him something to be scared of this October and the ones to come.

Shortening up pitching staffs for the sprint, I see Andrew Heaney has joined a bullpen in TEX same as Michael Lorenzen in PHI, and TEX has an Undecided listed for tonight.

If the Sigbot knows its 3rd starter, it might be nice to get whoever has the short straw out of Kremer or Means a relief appearance this week.

The Mariners last touched their 19 games over high water mark on 9/2.

They are 7-14 since, including 5 wins over Oakland and no Shohei Angels.     Javier and Framber could well settle the field tonight and tomorrow, throwing the Mariners into a spoiler role during their 4-game finale with the Rangers this weekend.

Noted workhorse George Kirby in their way tonight.

28 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

The Mariners last touched their 19 games over high water mark on 9/2.

They are 7-14 since, including 5 wins over Oakland and no Shohei Angels.     Javier and Framber could well settle the field tonight and tomorrow, throwing the Mariners into a spoiler role during their 4-game finale with the Rangers this weekend.

Noted workhorse George Kirby in their way tonight.

Ah yes, Mr. "Take me out after 90 pitches". One of my least favorite players now.

According to this website, Toronto's magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 3, and their magic number to clinch WC2 and the #5 seed is 5. Once the Blue Jays clinch their playoff spot, which they will probably do during their series with the Yankees, what is their motivation to keep winning? Wouldn't they rather be the #6 seed and go play Minnesota, who haven't won a playoff game in almost 20 years, than go to Tampa Bay or Baltimore as the #5 seed? I'm not saying they are going to lay down in their final series, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go all out to try to win it, either.

46 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

According to this website, Toronto's magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 3, and their magic number to clinch WC2 and the #5 seed is 5. Once the Blue Jays clinch their playoff spot, which they will probably do during their series with the Yankees, what is their motivation to keep winning? Wouldn't they rather be the #6 seed and go play Minnesota, who haven't won a playoff game in almost 20 years, than go to Tampa Bay or Baltimore as the #5 seed? I'm not saying they are going to lay down in their final series, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go all out to try to win it, either.

Excellent point, but individually, players always want to do their best.   

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Excellent point, but individually, players always want to do their best.   

Yes they do, but only if their manager pencils them in. Let's just say if the Orioles badly stumble and need the Jays to win on Sunday, I don't think Gausman is getting that start, even if a theoretically better seed hangs in the balance.