Scoreboard watching

Frobby

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure the lady I know that works there is glad.

She doesn't like to work? Seems it would be a fun celebration to watch and I'm sure she's not the only one there working, though knowing their budget, perhaps she is.

Edited by Malike

15 minutes ago, Malike said:

She doesn't like to work? Seems it would be a fun celebration to watch and I'm sure she's not the only one there working, though knowing their budget, perhaps she is.

She gets paid the same way either way.

She's a facilitator and I'm sure she'd rather not deal with it since it wouldn't come with increased compensation.

Bottom of 9th in Seattle just goes:

Texas up 2-1 needing 3 outs to clinch berth and basically eliminate Mariners.

Enter Aroldis.

Single, single, wild pitch in first four pitches make it 2nd and 3rd, none out.      Next three pitches finish out a 4 pitch walk, and Bochy has to hook him even though he only got another reliever up like 12 seconds ago.

Bochy pulls him anyway because what else can you do.

Next reliever gets 2 pop-ups (during series, announcers have noted several times SEA struggles getting men on 3rd in with less than 2 outs).

But JP Crawford walks it off, keeping the AL races extra juicy for at least one more day.

Baseball!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Enter Aroldis.

Single, single, wild pitch in first four pitches make it 2nd and 3rd, none out.      Next three pitches finish out a 4 pitch walk, and Bochy has to hook him even though he only got another reliever up like 12 seconds ago.

Next reliever gets 2 pop-ups (during series, announcers have noted several times SEA struggles getting men on 3rd in with less than 2 outs).

But JP Crawford walks it off, keeping the AL races extra juicy for at least one more day.

Baseball!

Wow! I'm going to have to watch that recap. Out of rep, but thanks for this. 

26 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Enter Aroldis.

Baseball!

I saw that. Things became very interesting, and Houston must be sweating now. They have to play at Arizona, who are still competing for an NL wild-card.

Tonight is Bryan Woo vs. Nathan Eovaldi, an interesting contrast of young and rationing innings against old and worn out.

Houston meanwhile has a back of rotation guy on the road against Zac Gallen.

The Mariners do have the tiebreak on the Astros so would have the same edge the Marlins have on the Cubs if they can get tied.

And speaking of the Marlins, its now possible the All 30 Teams playing Sunday 300 will have a small integrity leak.    Monday afternoon, completing last night's suspended game may be necessary, with the Brewers NL6 Tuesday opponent possibly in flux.

The MIA-NYM game was suspended in the middle of what is already a 2-run 9th inning rally against Buck's Mets to turn a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 lead.

Savant gives the Marlins 84% Win Probability after Jon Berti's single, the last play before the delay.     Tanner Scott just returned from the paternity list, and the 100-strikeout reliever might get a rare spot Monday afternoon in what Skip Schumacher (who reportedly was trying to help pull the tarp off the field about midnight) and Kim Ng hope would be about a 5-minute clean Save.

https://www.mlb.com/news/marlins-series-finale-vs-mets-suspended-in-top-of-ninth-inning

I am very interested to see if the Yankees can beat TOR, and even more interested to see what happens with Seattle, Texas, and Houston. That will determine the AL West and which 2 remaining teams will win the Wildcard spots, as well as who will be the 5 seed with the potential to face the Orioles in the Division Series.

21 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I am very interested to see if the Yankees can beat TOR, and even more interested to see what happens with Seattle, Texas, and Houston. That will determine the AL West and which 2 remaining teams will win the Wildcard spots, as well as who will be the 5 seed with the potential to face the Orioles in the Division Series.

I guarantee you the Yankees can’t beat Toronto this weekend. 

So let’s summarize

TOR 89-71

TEX 89-71

HOU 88-72

SEA 87-73

TOR hosts TBR, HOU visits ARI, TEX visits SEA.

TOR was 1-6 vs. TEX, 4-3 vs. HOU, 3-3 vs. SEA

TEX was 6-1 vs. TOR, 4-9 vs. HOU, 8-3 vs. SEA with two to play.

HOU was 3-4 vs. TOR, 9-4 vs. TEX, 4-9 vs. SEA

SEA was 3-3 vs. TOR, 3-8 vs. TEX with two to play, 9-4 vs. HOU.

It’s still possible that all four teams could end up at 89 wins.

If either TOR or TEX wins another game, they’re in.  Otherwise, there’s still too many permutations to think about.  Just see what happens today and go from there.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So let’s summarize

TOR 89-71

TEX 89-71

HOU 88-72

SEA 87-73

TOR hosts TBR, HOU visits ARI, TEX visits SEA.

TOR was 1-6 vs. TEX, 4-3 vs. HOU, 3-3 vs. SEA

TEX was 6-1 vs. TOR, 4-9 vs. HOU, 8-3 vs. SEA with two to play.

HOU was 3-4 vs. TOR, 9-4 vs. TEX, 4-9 vs. SEA

SEA was 3-3 vs. TOR, 3-8 vs. TEX with two to play, 9-4 vs. HOU.

It’s still possible that all four teams could end up at 89 wins.

If either TOR or TEX wins another game, they’re in.  Otherwise, there’s still too many permutations to think about.  Just see what happens today and go from there.  

The only thing I know for sure, because I heard it on MLB Network, is that if all 4 teams end up with 89 wins, Toronto is the odd man out.  

After Jon Gray also went to the IL with forearm tightness, the Rangers starting pitching seems a little thin for a team still looking good for bye.

My Max Scherzer heroic comeback boredom was already turned up to 11 years ago.

Eovaldi is gutting it out chasing a dogpile, but he doesn't seem right.

Perhaps Qualifying Offer taker Martin Perez, who had been relegated to long relief some this year, will have a One Shining Moment tonight or tomorrow.

SEA-TEX is the fellow 715 FOX game with our game tonight.