Sunday, August 6: Orioles go for sweep of Mets

SteveA

11 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

He's been pretty mediocre most of the year.  What do you think he'll get?

There's still some pitching left to do, but he'll be 28 and a guy that can give decent innings. I'd guess he signs for 4-5 years... especially if he finishes the year out strong.

Just now, maybenxtyr said:

There's still some pitching left to do, but he'll be 28 and a guy that can give decent innings. I'd guess he signs for 4-5 years... especially if he finishes the year out strong.

I would guess 3 years at most, but you never know w/ the high demand for starting pitching.  Flaherty hasn't been good since 2019, but just the fact he was very good at some point in the past could make some team overpay. 

41 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would guess 3 years at most, but you never know w/ the high demand for starting pitching.  Flaherty hasn't been good since 2019, but just the fact he was very good at some point in the past could make some team overpay. 

He has just hit the reset button with the change of leagues. If he can keep pitching like he did his last outing, he will command big bucks in the AL.

8 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

He has just hit the reset button with the change of leagues. If he can keep pitching like he did his last outing, he will command big bucks in the AL.

Best hope for ever signing a free agent starter to multiple years is a new owner.  I'm not a fan of signing starters for over 5 years, but any decent starter is going to require 3-5 years. 

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Taijuan Walker signed for 4/72.  If Flaherty ends the year well I think he matches that, give or take.

Edited by Hallas