Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I will say, I wonder if there is something more to the story than this.  I literally have no idea what it could be.    

Personally, I think Brown is at least as good as Thorne and probably better.  Id be delighted to have him as the Orioles’ lead PBP guy for the rest of my time on this Earth.  He will end up being a Hall of Fame broadcaster somewhere, and it will be a shame if it’s not here.  

I agree. The guys is incredibly smooth, and is knowledgeable about baseball history. KB will be in a major market next year and will put together a 40 year career. 

3 minutes ago, Low Country Bird said:

I don't get this.  Palmer talks pretty incessantly about how amazing the turnaround has been and reminds viewers all the time that just two years ago, we lost 110 games.  That seems worse than what Brown was allegedly disciplined for saying.  

Palmer has more leeway than an announcer with only a couple of years under his belt with the organization. 

It looked like she was fanning herself but after re-watching it, it appears that she was gesturing with her hand so to depict a convo back and forth. In any event, super weird whoever the hell Margaret Angelos is.. to be interrupting an O's broadcast to get a selfie with Brach. You can tell how awkward he is about it after:

She's definitely pointing toward him here:

image.png.d97e7f63077818793785ef9cdecda956.png

Then he's clearly looking at a tv or mirror or something to see what she's doing like "heh. yeah. don't do that shit again, lady":

image.png.b00f4d98c5636fc1d14422c339241842.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Since I’m curious, I checked out Margaret Valentine’s music on Apple Music. 

This is the soundtrack to a coma. And I like some country music. 

Who is Margaret Valentine? 

Nevermind.. that is indeed JA's wife. 

Edited by banks703

Does anyone know the last time he called a game on radio?  His last on MASN was in Philly.  I seem to recall him doing one game there, and then not the last two, but I could be misremembering that.  If that's the case, it would fit with a suspension.  If not, then its just as likely to be time off.  He wasn't in town for the Yankees series, which made sense, because MASN only telecast the first of those three games, so to me it made sense he took a little time off given that.  But with him still not back, I'm not sure what to make of it.  The story does sound ridiculous.

It would be a shame to lose KB, he's far better IMO than Hollander and Arnold, who are both......fine.

Pretty sure they're all friends.  Didn't Brach's wife do a concert at OPACY or something a few years back?  I think they're all kind of wannabes in the country music world and I don't mean that as insult.  Just that I think they all know each other pretty well.

(On a side note, I've enjoyed Brach's contributions thus far.)

• Upvote 1

Just now, CallMeBrooksie said:

Wondering if there's any linkage between whatever is going on with KB and Dan Connolly's sudden and quiet disappearance from the Athletic. 

JA sending a clear message for any media-types who cross his invisible lines.

Why would you think Angelos has any sway whatsoever at the Athletic?  That site has dumped a ton of writers, no reason to believe the two things are remotely related. Plenty to criticize Angelos (any Angelos) about, no reason to make additional stuff up.

• Upvote 1