The return of Kevin Brown

Roy Firestone

1 hour ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Blink twice if you need help, Kevin. 

Truthfully, it doesn’t benefit him at all to blast ownership or the organization or anyone here, even with all the shenanigans. For the length of his career he will be a public facing employee for somebody. So he’s got to consider every word he ever communicates, because he can’t take them back. They’ll be recorded forever.

Making a professional statement like this, getting back to work and then moving on to the next career stop at his first opportunity are the smart plays. John Angelos has already done plenty of damage to himself - there’s honestly not much Kevin could say or do that hasn’t already been said/done.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, banks703 said:

The responsibility is on the employer to prove that a non-compete is necessary to protect the interest of the business. I agree that in this situation, it’s unlikely that it would benefit the O’s in court (unless he foolishly signed something that legitimately prohibits him from taking employment from another major league team, which I can’t believe he would do).

They are enforceable, yes but also yes they are used a lot simply to deter whatever behavior they are aimed at deterring. The situation gets much messier for KB than it does the Orioles if it escalated to a court case. 

Exactly. It's hard to say without seeing the contract and applicable clauses KB agreed to. He could have signed something that legitimately complicates getting MLB (or other work) elsewhere throughout the duration of the term.

6 minutes ago, FlipTheBird said:

Truthfully, it doesn’t benefit him at all to blast ownership or the organization or anyone here, even with all the shenanigans. For the length of his career he will be a public facing employee for somebody. So he’s got to consider every word he ever communicates, because he can’t take them back. They’ll be recorded forever.

Making a professional statement like this, getting back to work and then moving on to the next career stop at his first opportunity are the smart plays. John Angelos has already done plenty of damage to himself - there’s honestly not much Kevin could say or do that hasn’t already been said/done.

The Court of Public Opinion is clear on this case... JA is a douche and KB was reprimanded for a nothing burger.  There's no need for KB to do anything as he has already won.  The fact that he showed he's a class act and sent a nice tweet out does nothing but confirm his victory and makes the dope that started all this all the more douchey.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, drjohnnyfever1 said:

The Court of Public Opinion is clear on this case... JA is a douche and KB was reprimanded for a nothing burger.  There's no need for KB to do anything as he has already won.  The fact that he showed he's a class act and sent a nice tweet out does nothing but confirm his victory and makes the dope that started all this all the more douchey.

Sure, except he proves he laid down to his master. If he sleeps well at night knowing he caved, good on him!

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm personally not getting publicly neutered like that.

1 minute ago, OrangeTurtle said:

Sure, except he proves he laid down to his master. If he sleeps well at night knowing he caved, good on him!

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'm personally not getting publicly neutered like that.

Right but you aren’t in the public’s eye like KB is, which means that his family is also exposed. Maybe he’s worried about the additional stress it would bring to them.

I am more like you described (confronting things vs letting them go) but I can see MANY more reasons as to why he is choosing this route.  

1 minute ago, banks703 said:

Right but you aren’t in the public’s eye like KB is, which means that his family is also exposed. Maybe he’s worried about the additional stress it would bring to them.

I am more like you described (confronting things vs letting them go) but I can see MANY more reasons as to why he is choosing this route.  

100% it's the "smart" move, from a future prospects standpoint.

2 minutes ago, OrangeTurtle said:

And that's exactly what the Orioles should have done if what he's implying is true.

If it was forced upon KB and he did it, that's the dream scenario. 

Brutal from KB's perspective, not JA.

They didn't have to re-x (?) it.  No need to and I think it did them just a hair more harm.

I think they just should have let him make the prepared statement and acted like nothing happened.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

They didn't have to re-x (?) it.  No need to and I think it did them just a hair more harm.

I think they just should have let him make the prepared statement and acted like nothing happened.

True, good point. But I'd think re-tweeting their boy's statement is good for a public image standpoint (as a brand) to show "alignment". But I definitely see it both ways.