Saturday, August 26: Felix Bautista Bobblehead Day

SteveA

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Speaking of Laurila, here’s his Sunday column that lead with an interview with Schwellenbach.  
    • Inevitable things are inevitable.  Major League Baseball will never welcome gambling, MLB will never have uniform advertisements, MLB will never have an electronic strikezone, and so on and so forth.  Selling OP@CY naming rights is coming soon.   Can't wait to see this dumbass logo, on our LFs ugly City Connect jersey, standing in front of that eyesore wall.   Still waiting to see a player extended though.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem inevitable at all. 
    • He’s terrific pitcher who somehow flies a little under the radar when people talk about the best pitchers in MLB.   Take a look at this head-to-head comparison with Corbin Burnes — in a nearly identical number of innings in their careers, Fried has a 144 OPS+ compared to 133 for Burnes.   By the way Roy, in case you missed it, here’s a fun interview that David Laurila did with Fried last week.  Laurila is the @Roy Firestoneof print baseball interviews — love his stuff!
    • I know it’s already been said but Cowser continues to make plays that most LF, including Austin Hays, can’t.    He continues to make plays that either save runs or potentially save runs.  They always say you can’t give a team extra outs.  Cowser is taking hits away.  Works for me.
    • What’s the difference between safe and floor?  Floor was the word we kept hearing with him. Floor with potential.  Floor = safe to me. If I’m way off base please enlighten me. 
    • He didn't pitch in a WS at Dodger Stadium did he?  How would that work?  Maybe the NLCS?  I can't remember who they beat there.  Anyway, imagine Mayo on the team, and a Fried-Mayo matchup a couple times tonight!  That'd be a tough one for you!
    • I hope the Orioles are quietly making a Supreme Court level stink about the aggregate results. Elias maybe wouldn't even have to tax baseball people - Rubenstein I'd guess has loads of people to do the quantitative analysis with a brief primer from someone on Sig's staff.    The persona he's cutlivating hints even he himself might relish some of that handiwork. BAL-NYY have 9 more, and then maybe 5 more. I haven't looked at the team level readouts since a few weeks ago when the two clubs were then pacing towards ~50-75 runs in imagined difference.    Certainly there will be moments, probably next week, when Cionel Perez or Jacob Webb barely throw a strike to Juan Soto or Aaron Judge, or Clay Holmes sinker ends up shin high to Gunnar Henderson.
  • Popular Contributors