Saturday, August 26: Felix Bautista Bobblehead Day

SteveA

He's been good in august 

11 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

I don't think we disagree on much here. I recognize the faults in DL, and it's fair to mention that I didn't point them out. And I've been critical of Fuji from his very first pitch as an Oriole when he telegraphed a meatball to Siri in Tampa.

My point was just that I think some people were so laser focused on criticizing the front office for not having acquired a reliever from outside of the organization that they overlooked the options we have internally. If Elias had traded for a guy with DL's profile, people probably would have been excited. Maybe you wouldn't have if you would have preferred a more reliable reliever, but people have been tripping over themselves to praise Fuji since the day he was acquired, and DL is more talented than that.

DL surprised a bit with his velo tonight, so hopefully he surprises with the command going forward too.

IP H R ER BB SO HR HBP ERA BA OBP SLG OPS BAbip
7.2 3 2  2   4   18  1      0     2.35 .115 .233 .231 .464 .286

9 hours ago, Alasdaire said:

I don't think we disagree on much here. I recognize the faults in DL, and it's fair to mention that I didn't point them out. And I've been critical of Fuji from his very first pitch as an Oriole when he telegraphed a meatball to Siri in Tampa.

My point was just that I think some people were so laser focused on criticizing the front office for not having acquired a reliever from outside of the organization that they overlooked the options we have internally. If Elias had traded for a guy with DL's profile, people probably would have been excited. Maybe you wouldn't have if you would have preferred a more reliable reliever, but people have been tripping over themselves to praise Fuji since the day he was acquired, and DL is more talented than that.

DL surprised a bit with his velo tonight, so hopefully he surprises with the command going forward too.

I think the Fuji response here was a bit mixed. IMO people got excited after they saw the power fastball and he had a good performance. It’s hard to not get excited about the raw skills though, I agree with you there. 

12 hours ago, allquixotic said:

The aisle seat in a lot of the lower level sections is measurably smaller than the rest of the seats.

Club level seats (not talking about box seats, just the 200 level seats) are significantly wider than lower level seats, on the aisle AND in the middle.

I'm large in every dimension (tall, wide) so I try to avoid tickets anywhere but the club level. For the playoffs, I'm going to squeeze in there no matter where I get a ticket, but hopefully it'll be club level.

I'm team club level.  The seats right behind the plate are nice and cushy though.  I know a guy with seats down there and have had access to them once or twice.  They're nice.