Win the Division this week.

TopGunnar

2 hours ago, TopGunnar said:

I think we can win the division this week. We’re 3.5 games up on the Rays( our only division competition). We have 2 more against Angels, 3 with Boston and 3 with St. Louis. 6-2, even 7-1 is actually likely. Meanwhile, the Rays play Boston twice who just beat them and then 4 against the hot Mariners. 

If we can take a 4.5/5 game lead into Tampa, it would be nearly impossible for them to catch us. 

It is mathematically impossible to win the division this week

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, slakattack said:

Got my tix back in July for the 9/15 game.  I think that series is going to be the playoffs before the playoffs.

I had tickets for 9/16 but had to switch to 9/15. Also have tickets for 9/27 and 9/30, so those all seem like fine days for clinching to me. *knock on wood*

23 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I still say we win the division by 5+ games.

I find Fangraphs really funny.  No matter what we do, they always have the O’s playing .500 or worse the rest of the way.  Right now they nave us finishing 12-12 and nosing out Tampa by two games.  And, though they now have us with a 78% chance to win the division, they still have Tampa with a significantly better chance than we do of winning the World Series.  And that’s just stupid, even if they think Tampa is a better team than the O’s.   Playing an extra playoff series drastically reduces a team’s chances of getting to the WS, much less winning it.

Whatever algorhythm they use for their projections really needs serious adjustment to account for what actually has occurred during a season.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I find Fangraphs really funny.  No matter what we do, they always have the O’s playing .500 or worse the rest of the way.  Right now they nave us finishing 12-12 and nosing out Tampa by two games.  And, though they now have us with a 78% chance to win the division, they still have Tampa with a significantly better chance than we do of winning the World Series.  And that’s just stupid, even if they think Tampa is a better team than the O’s.   Playing an extra playoff series drastically reduces a team’s chances of getting to the WS, much less winning it.

Whatever algorhythm they use for their projections really needs serious adjustment to account for what actually has occurred during a season.  

Fangraphs hates the O’s and always has. 

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I imagine run differential has a lot to do with it but that’s just a guess.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

I have said it before, I think Buster Olney works for Fangraphs

• Haha 1