Wednesday, September 13: O's face former farmhand Rom on the eve of the Showdown with Tampa

SteveA

God I got a migraine.  My dog somehow bounced my storm door open and ran at a neighbor dog.  Might of bit him I dont know.  I ran outside to a teenaged girl screaming bloody murder and dragged my dog into the house.  She says he bit her dog.  I dont know maybe.

Cops showed up and got my name and the dog information and told me animal control will be in touch.  

And the Orioles are losing.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Maybe the crowd needs to do the wave.  

Cards announcer joked that the Camden Yards fans "to their credit, have yet to misspell the name if their team. But of course," he added, referring to the mascot the video cam was focused on at that moment, "they've had some help."

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Thins a season WORST offensive performance...I cant believe we cant get a freaking run...and we wasted a great performance by Gibson...im pretty concerned about the Rays series..especially with Mountcastle out...

Mountcastle was in one of his typical ice cold streaks after his white hot streaks. He's was 0-for-14 with five Ks in his last 17 PAs. His injury might actually help the team since he tends to have these long cold streaks and we know the Orioles will keep running him out there even when he's not doing anything.

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

God I got a migraine.  My dog somehow bounced my storm door open and ran at a neighbor dog.  Might of bit him I dont know.  I ran outside to a teenaged girl screaming bloody murder and dragged my dog into the house.  She says he bit her dog.  I dont know maybe.

Cops showed up and got my name and the dog information and told me animal control will be in touch.  

Hope the dog(s) ends up alright.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Mountcastle was in one of his typical ice cold streaks after his white hot streaks. He's was 0-for-14 with five Ks in his last 17 PAs. His injury might actually help the team since he tends to have these long cold streaks and we know the Orioles will keep running him out there even when he's not doing anything.

I don't think he walks this much during his typical cold streaks.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Yikes. Take care of things man. I hope the dogs end up OK and as a result, everything turns out OK.

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Maybe Kjerstad? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Baseball is really, really hard to watch when your team decides it won't even have competitive at bats over a few games. 

I know it's just two games, but it's enough to get my blood pressure up a bit. 

These are not the kind of pitchers that should dominate you at the plate.

I was watching the Last Dance documentary on Netflix last week. And I think it was Bill Wennington who was talking about how the Bulls got off to a slow start in ‘97-‘98. They didn’t have Scottie Pippen and lost a few games. 

He said that when you’re a winning team and you’re expected to win, one loss feels like 5. And I think that speaks to what we’ve seen last night and tonight.  Last nights loss and this nights loss feel like a big losing streak, feels like we haven’t won a game in a week, scored a good amount of runs in forever, etc. 

The Cardinals could probably re-sign 74-year old Al Hrbosky and he could throw a shutout inning against them right now. Apparently they have decided to not hit Cardinal pitching. Hell, they were dominated by a AAA soft tossing lefty and now are making these run of the mill relievers look like shutdown guys.