Wednesday, September 13: O's face former farmhand Rom on the eve of the Showdown with Tampa

SteveA

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hope the dog(s) ends up alright.

My wife called the co-owner of our dog and they said it probably wont be too bad since a human did nt get bit and no blood was drawn.  I think the girl was scared to death and in a huge panic.  She sounded like someone was dying it pretty intense.  I was out there in 20 seconds or less and I didnt see a bite but I cant say for sure.  

Kind of worried about the animal control to be honest.  Never dealt with them before and have no idea what AA county is going to be like. 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Cardinals could probably re-sign 74-year old Al Hrbosky and he could throw a shutout inning against them right now. Apparently they have decided to not hit Cardinal pitching. Hell, they were dominated by a AAA soft tossing lefty and now are making these run of the mill relievers look like shutdown guys.

The Mad Hungarian?

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was watching the Last Dance documentary on Netflix last week. And I think it was Bill Wennington who was talking about how the Bulls got off to a slow start in ‘97-‘98. They didn’t have Scottie Pippen and lost a few games. 

He said that when you’re a winning team and you’re expected to win, one loss feels like 5. And I think that speaks to what we’ve seen last night and tonight.  Last nights loss and this nights loss feel like a big losing streak, feels like we haven’t won a game in a week, scored a good amount of runs in forever, etc. 

Yes, that's exactly it. And you are in a pennant race, one loss feels like ten.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was watching the Last Dance documentary on Netflix last week. And I think it was Bill Wennington who was talking about how the Bulls got off to a slow start in ‘97-‘98. They didn’t have Scottie Pippen and lost a few games. 

He said that when you’re a winning team and you’re expected to win, one loss feels like 5. And I think that speaks to what we’ve seen last night and tonight.  Last nights loss and this nights loss feel like a big losing streak, feels like we haven’t won a game in a week, scored a good amount of runs in forever, etc. 

They have two hits tonight. That's an awful, awful performance no matter when they've done it. I don't expect the team to win every game, but I think they need to make some internal adjustments on how they approach soft tossing pitchers. It clearly has not worked this year. 

• Upvote 1