I'm kind of glad this is happening now.

vab

11 hours ago, Robert Drake said:

As a new guy, I'll say something perhaps a bit controversial, if the Orioles lose the division, I'd fire Hyde. Wouldn't hesitate. That sends a big message to young players that failure is not going to be tolerated.  I'm not one of these fans that thinks losing is a step in the process. It's WS or bust as far as I'm concerned. Losing the first 2 to the Rays at home when you absolutely need those victories is not acceptable. To lose 2/3 to the lowly Cardinals, at home, makes one apoplectic with rage.  If this team allows a division title to slip out of their grasp after the way they've played all year, that's a choke and that's a firing offense in my opinion.  I'm not one of these fans that believes this team is just going to continue to get better and better for five-years before the whole thing comes unraveled again. This team could be wrecked by injuries next season and finish last. Their window is open and the hour glass is running. 

The fact that Jack Flaherty was allowed to pitch again is a black mark against management. Just utter incompetence at the organizational level. The trade looks almost criminal in retrospect. It's Elias's biggest black eye. He got fleeced. Never thought losing 3 lower-tier prospects for a WS-winning starting pitcher would constitute larceny, but the Cardinals flat-out robbed us. And the Orioles seem completely out of ideas on how to get the guys they do have to pitch better or hit better.  

Are you George Steinbrenner in disguise?

that is a ridiculous post.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, schittenden said:

Like the Astros. Super consistent. Just lost four of their last five games against two teams that *combined* have one more win than the Rays. 

Yes I was being sarcastic..... The O's have been the most consistent team in the AL all season but for some reason we always seem to get these " THE SKY HAS FALLEN " posts.....SMH 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Robert Drake said:

As a new guy, I'll say something perhaps a bit controversial, if the Orioles lose the division, I'd fire Hyde. Wouldn't hesitate. That sends a big message to young players that failure is not going to be tolerated.  I'm not one of these fans that thinks losing is a step in the process. It's WS or bust as far as I'm concerned. Losing the first 2 to the Rays at home when you absolutely need those victories is not acceptable. To lose 2/3 to the lowly Cardinals, at home, makes one apoplectic with rage.  If this team allows a division title to slip out of their grasp after the way they've played all year, that's a choke and that's a firing offense in my opinion.  I'm not one of these fans that believes this team is just going to continue to get better and better for five-years before the whole thing comes unraveled again. This team could be wrecked by injuries next season and finish last. Their window is open and the hour glass is running. 

The fact that Jack Flaherty was allowed to pitch again is a black mark against management. Just utter incompetence at the organizational level. The trade looks almost criminal in retrospect. It's Elias's biggest black eye. He got fleeced. Never thought losing 3 lower-tier prospects for a WS-winning starting pitcher would constitute larceny, but the Cardinals flat-out robbed us. And the Orioles seem completely out of ideas on how to get the guys they do have to pitch better or hit better.  

LOL !!!!! " a bit controversial " Yea let's fire the manager of the year.....SMH...LOL... The O's have out performed where the numbers suggest they should be and you want to fire the manager for over performing..... People need to think with their brains not the heart....LOL

On 9/15/2023 at 10:58 PM, NashLumber said:

O's have a recent streak of seven wins in a row, and now they lose four in a row. These things happen in the course of 162. They'll get back in a groove. The hitting will bounce back and I have confidence in Kremer, GRod, and Gibson  to steady things pitching-wise (not sure of the order of the next starts). And Bradish was not terrible nor was Means in his first start.

Keep your eyes on the prize. I know the team is that way. 

Things that go bump in the night, like this thread! 

Keep your eyes on the prize! 

On 9/16/2023 at 7:16 PM, Robert Drake said:

-  I'll take tell me you know nothing about baseball without telling me for a $1000, Alex!

-  Losing the Division to a team that started 16-3 would be disappointing.  It would certainly NOT be a choke.

-  I don't really think firing the manager would be that much of a controversy.  It's not like this family hasn't fired the MOY at the end of the season before...

Nevertheless, welcome aboard.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2023 at 7:16 PM, Robert Drake said:

Well, welcome to the board.

As for this post, that's a hard no from me. 

No manager is perfect, but Hyde has a team with the second lowest payroll in baseball with the 2nd best record. He's going to be manager of the year going away.

We can certainly nit pick on moves, and that's what this board is for, but I'm going to guess you are in the very small minority who would fire Hyde no matter how this team finishes the year. 

His team don't quit, he appears to run ad very smooth clubhouse, and he's made some adjustments in how he's managed the bullpen since about May and overall has done an amazing job. He deserves a long contract and pay raise along with Elias.

• Upvote 1