What team do you hope we avoid in the ALDS?

Sports Guy

Which team to avoid in ALDS?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you hope to avoid in Round 1 of the ALDS?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/23 at 18:36

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I’ll take Houston and I agree that all are challenges.

Toronto is right there for me though especially if Mounty isn’t back for the playoffs although it sounds like he will be.

But Toronto has scary pitching and the hitting to match..plus, like someone said, losing to them would suck.

I was going to pick Houston but then I remembered how catastrophically wrong you were about your pre-season picks for our won/loss record and thought, “that can't be right,” so I went with Tampa Bay. They have the biggest run differential, and they have a winning record against clubs playing over .500.  (Sorry SG... I couldn't resist)!  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BRobinsonfan said:

I was going to pick Houston but then I remembered how catastrophically wrong you were about your pre-season picks for our won/loss record and thought, “that can't be right,” so I went with Tampa Bay. They have the biggest run differential, and they have a winning record against clubs playing over .500.  (Sorry SG... I couldn't resist)!  

Lol

Tampa scares me be ma use they have experience and can pitch but they keep losing players, with Lowe being the latest guy.

At some point, you just can’t sustain the losses. Same thing happened to them last year. I’ll be surprised if they make it out of the WC round.

• Upvote 1

Rays. Too much experience in the playoffs. Astros would be a close 2nd. The Blow Jays wilted in the playoffs last year and we are 10-3 vs them this year. We always play the Rangers well. Seattle has limited experience but could be a problem esp w/ their pitching and defense.

12 minutes ago, dtk9119 said:

Rays. Too much experience in the playoffs. Astros would be a close 2nd. The Blow Jays wilted in the playoffs last year and we are 10-3 vs them this year. We always play the Rangers well. Seattle has limited experience but could be a problem esp w/ their pitching and defense.

I'm not following the logic of picking the Rays because of all their playoff experience, ahead of the Astros who have been to the ALCS 6 years running. 

Tampa's injury report is longer than the Ravens at this point.  They're probably tied with the Jays as the teams I'd most want to face.

I think the Astros or Mariners both have good arguments for being the team I don't want to face, but I'm picking the Astros, because their offense scares me more than the Mariners pitching does.

8 hours ago, dystopia said:

This is a great point actually. We were 1-5 against the Tigers in 2014 before the playoffs. Would be interesting to see data on this. 

I remember one year the phillies played the dodgers for the NLDS and LA had like a 12-1 record against them in the regular season. Philly disposed of them. 

54 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I voted Seattle but the truth is if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best,

A lot of us here have watched this season unfold without fully being believers. By the end of this week, the season will end and no one…in the American League…will have had a better season then the Baltimore Orioles. 

I really don’t care who they play. The road goes through Baltimore. 

Edited by foxfield
  • Upvote 2