Rays-Rangers ALWC series

Just Regular

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

I hope Gunnar is watching what his fellow ROY Corbin Carroll is doing in the postseason.

I would really love to see a Diamondbacks/O's World Series just to see the two respective ROY's face off.  Well not just, but....

1 hour ago, Malike said:

I don't agree with the Scrooge thing either, but I've never been a fan of the Yankee way of buying championships, it rarely works, so we have that going for us I guess, which is nice.

Couldn't agree more. I am not on board with the owner bashing of those who won't just throw money at the problem. I'd support a salary cap. That way the teams with the best organizations would get rewarded. 

30 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Cap AND a floor

I'm very much against the floor,  depending on how it is set up.   The last thing I want to see is a team like the Orioles signing an Odor type vet for $20M a year just to hit some made up floor threshold.  I like the idea of trying to slow down or prevent complete tanking, but I doubt just putting in a floor with no additional qualifications on it really helps a bit.   Would likely just make the really bad teams more expensive without really improving the quality of play. 

5 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

I'm very much against the floor,  depending on how it is set up.   The last thing I want to see is a team like the Orioles signing an Odor type vet for $20M a year just to hit some made up floor threshold.  I like the idea of trying to slow down or prevent complete tanking, but I doubt just putting in a floor with no additional qualifications on it really helps a bit.   Would likely just make the really bad teams more expensive without really improving the quality of play. 

They can avoid that by making good choices.

The smart thing to do would be to spend the money to extend their young players. 

I don't want to see a team throw out a crap product for fans knowing that the money saved by gutting payroll turns them a nice profit even if literally no one goes to a game. 

I'd rather even a player like Odor gets a check over the owner just pocketing another 20M.

I do respect that some folks are in favor of the owners increasing their profits, even if I don't understand it.

11 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Lol, yeah we have 3 top 25 prospects from that draft. Kjerstad, Westburg and Mayo. 

What's really weird is that the tweet is from Baseball America who are generally very clued-in to the Orioles' farm system.