Game 1 Starter

MDK02

9 minutes ago, waroriole said:

I think Gibson for Game 4 makes the most sense. You can use Kremer in some tight spots out of the bullpen. 

I like the idea of having Kremer available from the bullpen. He's shown he can dial it up to 97MPH when he wants to. But more importantly, having him in the bullpen means that he's available + can be deployed at any game they want or need him to pitch. He's also resilient as a bulldog when trying to pitch out of jams.

I feel the same about Kremer in the bullpen, but what is the likelihood the Orioles use him out of the 'pen in anything that resembles a medium leverage situation? I don't know if I see them using Gibson, Flaherty or Kremer in anything of real significance out of the bullpen.

I'm not planning the Game 4 starter off of who I might want to have available of the bullpen in Games 4 or 5.

But yeah, I don't see them announcing the Game 4 starter for a while in case they have to use one of these guys in long relief for Games 1-3.

Edited by dzorange

They sure do have a lot of lefties and SH. Gibson and Kremer have nearly identical stats with LHB hitting over .800 OPS. That lineup is pretty matchup-proof against either option. Can't go wrong with either guy. For what it's worth, Gibson pitched out of the bullpen for the Phillies so he has experience in that role.