Which of our AAA prospects has the biggest impact on 2024?

Frobby

Which of our AAA prospects has the biggest impact in 2024?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Which of our AAA prospects has the biggest impact in 2024?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/23 at 03:09

By my count, we have 9 prospects (including Stowers for this purpose) who could find themselves in the majors sometime in 2024: Cowser, Holliday, Kjerstad, Mayo, McDermott, Norby, Ortiz, Povich and Stowers.   Which one do you think will have the biggest impact on the 2024 team?   I imagine one or more could have impact by being traded, but for purposes of this question, I’m talking about on the field impact for the Orioles.   

Though Holliday is the top prospect, there may be other, more experienced prospects who have more impact this season.  Or, maybe not.  What do you think?

• Upvote 2

I think the left handed power bat that had a mildly successful taste of MLB can take the next step. Some of the other guys that came up and played a little this year all seemed lost. 

I also don’t expect Holliday to come up until maybe late August/September so he can hold onto rookie status. Otherwise I’d probably pick him since he seems to be Superman and all. 

I went with Holiday because once he makes it to the majors he is probably going to play close to everyday.

I think Kjerstad is going to have swing and miss  probably for  a while.  Mayo has some defensive learning to do before the O's promote him IMO.  All three of these players will play big parts in the O's future though.   These are the keepers IMO.

2 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Norby and Stowers -- they will be part of a package that brings a middle reliever, which will have an impact. 

I hope we don't trade Norby for a middle reliever. We already have Cano, Coulumbe, Hall, Wells, Perez.....I'm sure Elias can find a middle reliever somewhere for much less than a top prospect.

6 hours ago, G54377 said:

I think Kjerstad has the path to a lot of AB's, and his power can directly lead to production right away.

Yeah, any one of the could get the opportunity and run with it too.

That’s why I went with Holliday.  The gap in talent between him and the crowd is bigger.  HKs lap traffic is productive (Santander), cost effective (Hays, Cowser, O’Hearn, Hicks?), or has other value (McKenna, O’Hearn).

FWIW, HK was my second choice.  

And glad to see Ortiz get a vote as he may get first crack at the IF.

10 hours ago, Frobby said:

By my count, we have 9 prospects (including Stowers for this purpose) who could find themselves in the majors sometime in 2024: Cowser, Holliday, Kjerstad, Mayo, McDermott, Norby, Ortiz, Povich and Stowers.   Which one do you think will have the biggest impact on the 2024 team?   I imagine one or more could have impact by being traded, but for purposes of this question, I’m talking about on the field impact for the Orioles.   

Though Holliday is the top prospect, there may be other, more experienced prospects who have more impact this season.  Or, maybe not.  What do you think?

The one that’s traded for a TOR ? 🙃

11 hours ago, oriole said:

I think the left handed power bat that had a mildly successful taste of MLB can take the next step. Some of the other guys that came up and played a little this year all seemed lost. 

I also don’t expect Holliday to come up until maybe late August/September so he can hold onto rookie status. Otherwise I’d probably pick him since he seems to be Superman and all. 

Couldn't they try to win ROY with Holliday this year? 

I'd say that the safe bet is Kjerstad. He has pretty much everything you would want to see in a young hitter, and he should have plenty of opportunities to show it off in 2024.

I picked Mayo because I think he's a better all around hitter, but his chances may not be there at the beginning of the season.