Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Right, but Busch isn’t a defensive plus player anywhere and Andy Pages is maybe an average defensive corner IF so this doesn’t fit the type of player you originally said you were looking for.   As someone on your own board pointed out, you have Vaughn at 1B and Eloy at DH.  Get Busch and someone plays at a position they are deficient at.

Also, you kept bringing up Ortiz age as if the clock was about to run out on him being valuable and now you have Busch who’s 7 months older than Ortiz.  Just strikes me as funny.

No worries about a 25 yo who put up numbers in the Pacific Coast League?

Part of me hopes you get that package.  I think the key will be Sheehan.

What type of player did I say I was originally looking for?

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Right, but Busch isn’t a defensive plus player anywhere and Andy Pages is maybe an average defensive corner IF so this doesn’t fit the type of player you originally said you were looking for.   As someone on your own board pointed out, you have Vaughn at 1B and Eloy at DH.  Get Busch and someone plays at a position they are deficient at.

Also, you kept bringing up Ortiz age as if the clock was about to run out on him being valuable and now you have Busch who’s 7 months older than Ortiz.  Just strikes me as funny.

No worries about a 25 yo who put up numbers in the Pacific Coast League?

Part of me hopes you get that package.  I think the key will be Sheehan.

Regarding your point on Ortiz, I’ve only said maybe a dozen times in this thread that I’d want him, but that I discount his value due to his age.  I also discount Busch’s value because of his age.  And I’m very aware of inflated offensive stats in the PCL, but that doesn’t mean Busch isn’t an incredibly gifted hitter.  Not like he didn’t hit before reaching AAA.

Beyond that I’m very high on Sheehan (was the Dodger’s #1 prospect on BA’s mid-season list last year) and view Pages as a top 100 talent whose value is down a bit because of an injury last year.  So yes, would I prefer a better centerpiece?  Of course, but three major league top 100 talents is incredibly value for us.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What type of player did I say I was originally looking for?

Perhaps you said the type of player Getz was looking for but you seemed to be in agreement that at least one of the main two pieces be a plus defensive player.  No?

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Regarding your point on Ortiz, I’ve only said maybe a dozen times in this thread that I’d want him, but that I discount his value due to his age.  I also discount Busch’s value because of his age.  And I’m very aware of inflated offensive stats in the PCL, but that doesn’t mean Busch isn’t an incredibly gifted hitter.  Not like he didn’t hit before reaching AAA.

Beyond that I’m very high on Sheehan (was the Dodger’s #1 prospect on BA’s mid-season list last year) and view Pages as a top 100 talent whose value is down a bit because of an injury last year.  So yes, would I prefer a better centerpiece?  Of course, but three major league top 100 talents is incredibly value for us.

No problem.  Sure Busch could come through like Outman did.  Busch put up an .823 OPS at AAA in 2022 at age 24.   He killed it last year repeating the level.   

Where you gonna play Busch, Vaughn, and Jimenez?

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Perhaps you said the type of player Getz was looking for but you seemed to be in agreement that at least one of the main two pieces be a plus defensive player.  No?

No, I just don’t want a RH bat only guy like Norby as a 2nd piece because we already have serval of those types.  That being said, I’d happily take him as a 3rd piece, but that obviously wouldn’t fly with you guys given how highly you value him.

I believe that Sheehan was ranked #1 but are you sure they had a mid season re ranking of teams top 10?   I can only find the 2023 list where they ranked him #13 and thought he was a reliever.

The Future: Sheehan projects to be a late-inning reliever who dominates with his fastball. He'll keep developing as a starter for now and will open 2023 back at Double-A.

17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

No problem.  Sure Busch could come through like Outman did.  Busch put up an .823 OPS at AAA in 2022 at age 24.   He killed it last year repeating the level.   

Where you gonna play Busch, Vaughn, and Jimenez?

Sounds like Eloy is as good as gone, so I’d play Busch at 1B and Vaughn at DH.  But Vaughn also has to get his shit together because he’s been a huge disappointment so far.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I believe that Sheehan was ranked #1 but are you sure they had a mid season re ranking of teams top 10?   I can only find the 2023 list where they ranked him #13 and thought he was a reliever.

The Future: Sheehan projects to be a late-inning reliever who dominates with his fastball. He'll keep developing as a starter for now and will open 2023 back at Double-A.

Check their mid-season if you have a subscription.  If not, happy to paste a screen-cap if someone can tell me how to upload images.

I keep checking the Cease thread on the White Sox board.  Someone posted this tweet.

That would be too funny.  The D-Backs #7 who averages 90 mph and projects as a 4-5 starter.  I’m sure there’s something more but this is funny on face value.

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I keep checking the Cease thread on the White Sox board.  Someone posted this tweet.

That would be too funny.  The D-Backs #7 who averages 90 mph and projects as a 4-5 starter.  I’m sure there’s something more but this is funny on face value.

No way the O's could match that type of package.

• Haha 1