Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

What other areas of need do we have though.  I think it is top of rotation starter then few rings down maybe one other right hand pitcher like Braiser.  The next issues is probably to figure out what to do with few veterans to get young guys at bats.  

I agree that we need to get the young guys bats... my recommendation is based on the fact that we could be empty-handed for both, and anyone else worth obtaining may not be moved.  I'd pay Montgomery, trade for a Bieber or similar (depends on what the staff sees), keep looking at the BP.  I would also be looking at who is available for OF.

18 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Can you imagine a world where SG is on sports message boards and he’s ignored? Just banging away on his keyboard, running up massive post counts and no one’s replying to him? It’d be a personal circle of hell for him. 

I think he'd figure out what was going on in a week or so.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

They haven’t even attempted to have a ram conversation.

Now we have people who live in and around Chicago calling MD sh!tyy.  I mean, I don’t even disagree that MD sucks but when you live in a glass house, don’t throw boulders around and they live in one sh!tyy glass house.

I'm not going to claim Chicago doesn't still have significant issues, but it has had a declining crime rate for 2 years straight and is slowly improving. I suppose we'll see how much that huge infusion of cash into community programs on the southside help things over the next decade.

Comparatively on a per capita per 100K people you have

Murder: (national rank)

Chicago: 18.26(14th)

Baltimore: 55.7(2nd)

Rape:

Chicago: 65.11(35th)

Baltimore: 62.29(40th)

Robbery(Violent):

Chicago: 439.26(8th) 

Baltimore: 958.71(1st)

Aggravated Assault:

Chicago: 570.36(21st)

Baltimore: 950.23(7th)

With that said, the true hell hole is St. Louis

1st in murders, 15th in rape, 4th in robbery(Violent), 3rd in aggravated assault

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m not going to let fan suppositions about the offers on each side or the tactics of the GMs bother me.  I always thought and have said that no Cease deal would happen until mid-January at the earliest.  If the sides are making unrealistic offers now, it doesn’t mean they won’t change their tune as the days and options begin to dwindle.  But I don’t think Elias will do anything shortsighted.  

To me we have other stuff to get done. It makes no sense to go into the season with Mateo, Urias, Santander Mountcastle , Ohearn , Hays all on this roster. Cowser, Kjerstad, Ortiz all need places to play if they aren’t dealt 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

They haven’t even attempted to have a ram conversation.

Now we have people who live in and around Chicago calling MD sh!tyy.  I mean, I don’t even disagree that MD sucks but when you live in a glass house, don’t throw boulders around and they live in one sh!tyy glass house.

Especially given what side of Chicago the WS are from, lol. Cubs fans probably would have a leg to stand on. The White Sox? Not so much. 

54 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I gotta say if Elias sticks to his guns, waits out the market, and ends up getting Cease for his price, it’ll be one hell of a negotiation. Sure seems like the market isn’t moving in Chicago’s direction with ATL, CIN, and potentially LAD/NYY all moving elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I gotta say if Elias sticks to his guns, waits out the market, and ends up getting Cease for his price, it’ll be one hell of a negotiation. Sure seems like the market isn’t moving in Chicago’s direction with ATL, CIN, and potentially LAD/NYY all moving elsewhere.

They are talking about a Yankees package on the White Sox board. One of the guys just called their prospect and top 100 guy Everson Pereira trash. The guy only has a MILB OBP of .351. 

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He’s the Livvy Dunne of message board “influencers”. Gotta put him #1. 

I had no idea who she was.  You made me Google her.  Young enough to be my grand daughter.  And, I don't care.  😉