Is Luzardo a realistic target?

Frobby

49 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Big deal.  They’ve been “interested” in just about everyone.

In the case of the SP market I actually think it’s interesting they haven’t been linked at all to any who have signed, who have basically been all in the 4/5 range. Tells me they’re comfortable with their in house options, or they’re confident they’ll work out a trade, or both. 

In the case of the SP market I actually think it’s interesting they haven’t been linked at all to any who have signed, who have basically been all in the 4/5 range. Tells me they’re comfortable with their in house options, or they’re confident they’ll work out a trade, or both. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Safelykept said:

Maybe not, but the point being at some point if we want get better we have to take on some risk, we have more prospect capitol than anybody.

I don’t disagree…but I’m not trading top 20 prospects that are killing it at way younger ages than their league for a pitcher that finally topped 101 IP for the first time in his career at age 26.

Im willing to give up a lot for him but I have my limits.

The only guys I would make Basallo or Mayo available for are likely guys that aren’t available at all.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Santander, Ortiz, O’Hearn, and Urias gets it done. Fills all the Marlins holes except C. Hurts enough to mean that it is enough to get a deal done.

I’d be thrilled for Elias to get it done for less. However, does Elias do it?  Remember the part about not having too many rookies cutting their teeth at the same time?  With this, we’d have Cowser, Kjerstad, and one of Holliday/Mayo all on the OD roster. We’d definitely try to bring back Hicks if this went down. Maybe even a Whit Merrifield type too for depth. Or Frazier reunion. 

Replacements -

Santa - Cowser or Hicks

O’Hearn - Kjerstad or Hicks

Urias - Holliday/Mayo

Zippy chance the Marlins take that deal.

1 hour ago, waroriole said:

You said there’s no talk before the Orioles sign someone. The only person they’ve signed came after a lot of talk for a week that they’re interested in the bullpen market. 

Elias said he was looking for a back end reliever weeks ago.  Everyone knew that Robertson and Kimbrel were likely targets.  There was no specific talk about Kimbrel until the night before the deal was consummated.   It’s not worth arguIng over.  It’s not that important.

33 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Zippy chance the Marlins take that deal.

Maybe not that one but I do think marlins would expect some ML talent as they are trying to win now.  They won't be interested in taking risks on Norby or even some of the higher prospects.

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Elias said he was looking for a back end reliever weeks ago.  Everyone knew that Robertson and Kimbrel were likely targets.  There was no specific talk about Kimbrel until the night before the deal was consummated.   It’s not worth arguIng over.  It’s not that important.

There were specific reports of discussions with Stephenson, Chapman, Hader, Hicks and Kimbrel I think. Also that we checked in on Nola lol. 

Again, just interesting to me that we’ve heard no such reports with any of these 4/5 SPs.  It’s kind of refreshing that they aren’t relying on this market. 

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Santander, Ortiz, O’Hearn, and Urias gets it done.

The only thing that's going to get done is the Marlins GM smashing the end call button. O'Hearn has zippy trade value and Santander isn't worth that much more with only one year left on his contract. You're not going to land someone like Luzardo without giving up two prospects of note. 

1 hour ago, HakunaSakata said:

The only thing that's going to get done is the Marlins GM smashing the end call button. O'Hearn has zippy trade value and Santander isn't worth that much more with only one year left on his contract. You're not going to land someone like Luzardo without giving up two prospects of note. 

Ya this trade offer is particularly egregious. 

9 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Not sure why would trade a solid SP prospect while we are doing an exercise of seeing how difficult SP is to acquire.

Some may say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. And I’m not sure I’d do it, just that it would get it done.