Ohtani to the Blue Jays? (Update: Signs w/Dodgers for $700 million over 10 yrs)

Rustbelt

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

So based on that list the Os have top 10 ticket prices?  That doesn’t exactly make having the lowest payroll in the entire league any easier to swallow. 

That data does not appear even remotely credible.  The average ticket price at Camden Yards is $123?  The hell it is!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fiver6565 said:

So based on that list the Os have top 10 ticket prices?  That doesn’t exactly make having the lowest payroll in the entire league any easier to swallow. 

And Oakland is 18th. Plus Orioles food concessions prices are top seven in the majors.  Top five in beer prices and hot dogs top seven.

I went to Anaheim and the tickets were cheaper and the food was much cheaper with a much higher payroll then the Orioles. 

10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

And Oakland is 18th. Plus Orioles food concessions prices are top seven in the majors.  Top five in beer prices and hot dogs top seven.

I went to Anaheim and the tickets were cheaper and the food was much cheaper with a much higher payroll then the Orioles. 

MLB beer, hot dog prices by team 2023: Most, least expensive stadiums
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2023/05/05/mlb-beer-hot-dog-prices-by-stadium-team-2023/11738342002/

16 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

MLB beer, hot dog prices by team 2023: Most, least expensive stadiums
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2023/05/05/mlb-beer-hot-dog-prices-by-stadium-team-2023/11738342002/

Average cost family of four for 2023.

The Cost of Taking Your Family to an MLB Game in 2023
https://www.moneygeek.com/living/analysis/cost-for-family-to-attend-an-mlb-game/

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That data does not appear even remotely credible.  The average ticket price at Camden Yards is $123?  The hell it is!

I would be skeptical about Statistica-they have another slide showing the average price across baseball is $37.  I think the rate most analysts subscribe to is $40-50 per seat.  I also don't think that reflects premium seats with amenities and suites.  

"In 2023, the average ticket price to watch a Major League Baseball game stood at 37 U.S. dollars."

25 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I went to Anaheim and the tickets were cheaper and the food was much cheaper with a much higher payroll than the Orioles. 

Per Forbes, the Angels had $119 mm in gate receipts in 2022 and attendance of 2.457 mm.   That’s $48 per ticket on average.   The Orioles had gate receipts of $45 mm and attendance of 1.368 mm, which computes to $33 per ticket.  

Also, the Angels had $371 mm in revenue, so that’s $252 mm in revenue other than ticket sales.  The O’s had revenue of $264 mm, so $219 mm other than ticket sales.   You can’t just look at payroll and relate that to ticket prices.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Per Forbes, the Angels had $119 mm in gate receipts in 2022 and attendance of 2.457 mm.   That’s $48 per ticket on average.   The Orioles had gate receipts of $45 mm and attendance of 1.368 mm, which computes to $33 per ticket.  

Also, the Angels had $371 mm in revenue, so that’s $252 mm in revenue other than ticket sales.  The O’s had revenue of $264 mm, so $219 mm other than ticket sales.   You can’t just look at payroll and relate that to ticket prices.  

I am just going by taking a family of four to a game including parking and food and Angels are bottom five in 2023 and Orioles in top 10. Orioles had a huge jump in food concession prices in 2023.

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

I am just going by taking a family of four to a game including parking and food and Angels are bottom five in 2023 and Orioles in top 10. Orioles had a huge jump in food concession prices in 2023.

I noticed.  I started bringing a PB & J sandwich to the games instead of paying their ridiculous prices for an Italian sausage.   And I also bring my own peanuts and a water or soda.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Plus someone said on here that prices would be unaffordable with a high payroll. John Angelos said that if they sign players to extensions that ticket prices would go up.

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Plus someone said on here that prices would be unaffordable with a high payroll. John Angelos said that if they sign players to extensions that ticket prices would go up.

Angelos added the Orioles would need to "dramatically" raise prices at the ballpark if they're to keep the likes of Adley Rutschman, Gunnar Henderson, and Grayson Rodriguez, among others, for the long haul.

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Sure, that’s what he said, more or less.  He was talking about $160 - 200 mm extensions.  

4 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

Maybe that's based on next year's ticket prices.  JA did say ticket prices would have to rise if the O's were to sign any players to extensions.  Still haven't seen any extensions.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Maybe that's based on next year's ticket prices.  JA did say ticket prices would have to rise if the O's were to sign any players to extensions.  Still haven't seen any extensions.

Prices had a very slight increase for 2024. Will see if concessions go up even more. To xfinity and beyond.

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

It makes no sense that beer, hot dogs and I assume quite a few other food items are more expensive in Baltimore than New York or San Francisco when literally everything else costs more in those cities than Baltimore.  I can't wait for these big extensions this money is no doubt being stockpiled for.